Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Help with Vodyani

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Aug 17, 2019, 1:25:25 PM

First time playing with this faction, I'm a little baffled, and am kind of misunderstanding the priorities of this race. Here is a save game: What to do.sav

I watched a couple of guides, but I'm still confused. For example, when I raised 1 population on my system using essence, it died of hunger in a couple of turns (that happened before the save). The minor civ that I have there -- I hacked it and raised its approval, however, it then stopped allowing me to leech essence; but then, when their approval got to Friendly, I could leech from them again. And then the pirates camped right next to the minor civ, and my fleets got stuck protecting them. I beelined for Impactless Sites to hire some merc ships and an additional hero to explore more, but it just seems at this point that I'm doing something wrong.

Can someone please help with this particular save or just with advice in general on how to play this faction?

Thanks

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 17, 2019, 5:53:34 PM

Also, why does population not always increase if you do the "holy proliferation" thing? Is that because of the lack of food? Is it possible to somehow calculate the necessary amount of food produced in order to avoid reloading?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 19, 2019, 1:01:29 PM
jiallombardo wrote:

Also, why does population not always increase if you do the "holy proliferation" thing? Is that because of the lack of food? Is it possible to somehow calculate the necessary amount of food produced in order to avoid reloading?

They have an extremely exotic method of population growth.
At the first level of the ark is better not to raise it above 2 creatures.
To improve the ark it is necessary to study the standard technology of the economy.(There's also the strengthening of the colonies from the usual factions)
And try to keep the level of free food about 50 units(so that they do not accidentally devour each other)
With the improvement of the ark(and system levels, respectively) increases the number of maximum available creatures on the population of the system and arc.

(I did it to gain the maximum population of the system only on the 3rd level of the ark)

P.s.

it's machine translation,I speak very bad English.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 19, 2019, 6:38:59 PM

Loaded your save. Your food problem comes from: 

1) Slow gamespeed setting. I'm not a Vodyani player, but I've heard that on slower speeds they indeed tend to die of starvation, because of... reasons.

2) Manpower situation. When you build or buy a ship (Ark included), it spawns with 0 crew. Then it will replenish its crew from your manpower reserve. 40 men for scouts, 100 for normal ships (like the one you bought), 220 for arks. Your manpower reserves will in turn replenish themselves consuming quite a bit of your food production.  It will pass.

3) You haven't activated population luxury boost. It would cost you 4 superspuds per 10 turns and would drastically boost your outputs, food included. From your save I activated the boost, bought a few ships to waste manpower, and upgraded main sustem to 3rd population - it was still positive on food. Without the boost it's negative while replenishing manpower, positive otherwise. Unluckily for you, you didnt spawn with boost resource (which is choosen at random), but anyway you've found 5 of it somewhere, futhermore you could buy it from the marketplace, there is ~100 available

4) Idk at which point you recognized your food deficit, but it was questionable decision to choose Transvine as system upgrade resource, while having access to RedSang. RedSang upgrade would give you + 60 food production, that would solve all your food problems outright. Yes, transvine gives food thru happinnes, but it is easier to access by other means, e.g. 'toys for boys' law. Other faction, other situation I would probably choose Transvine too, but not when I'm about to get into starvation quagmire.

5) Ironically, one of the causes is you unlocking 3rd (Ash) planet on home system. It added additional consumption, while offering little food production :D Net effect would be minus ~10 food with luxury boost.

Also, general remarks on your build.

1) Do not build wonder. Well, not in such situation anyway.

2) You didnt redesign your starting ark. On turn 1 remove ALL modules and place 3x All Shall Serve (Production module) or 2x production + 1x science. Probably the latter, I'm not quite sure. That should cost 60 dust. Try reloading a few times to figure out how to fit 1st turn redesigns into your starting dust stock. At some point later I prefer adding or swapping into influence modules, to contest minor factions.

3) 1st turn Hero refit - add 2 engines, no probes. Remove all defence and some guns to minimise the cost. Note that your hero still has +2 engine while you have +3 engine aveliable from the start. Scouts refit - replace collector module with engine. Also there's an option of refitting 1 leecher into 4x engine - it will give 16 movement for scouting. But you won't have dust to do it ALL 1st turn. Essence farming is not really that important that early.

4) You have too few ships for my taste. I prefer spamming ships from the start, my take on Vodyani is that it is rather agressive faction, bcs of decent scout ships, +1 speed and religious law. Especially if you play on Slow. On the 1st turn lay down a scout (probes+engine) with 1 beam (it's cheaper) or without any guns. The idea is to launch it on turn 3 (normal speed, ark refit into 3x production) with Military law (cheaper fleets). Speaking of laws, I prefer turn 1 science from scrap, and turn 2 (turn 4 on slow?) - cheaper fleets. Again, need to adjust it to game speed, by calculating production. 

5) Having build 1st, underarmed, scout, I prefer spamming 4 more fully armed scouts, those are for killing quest pirates (btw you didnt complete trivial 1st quest by turn 50), for killing normal pirates, for guarding leechers, for... scouting, for curiosities and for opportunistic agression on other (AI) empires. You have religious pinned law - might get some value out of it. 1st turn I attach hero (now disarmed) to starting scout, mess around till 1st fully armed scout finishes, then rearm hero, take hero +2-3 scouts and go adventuring. That fleet will kill anything you might encounter in near future, and maybe even capture some 1 pop enemy system :D There will also be a few independent scouts for other directions and for replacing wounded scouts in hero fleet. The point of mass-scouts is that you can both make an "assault" force with hero and have extra scouts for just scouting.

6) As for pirates - at some point you'll want to actually destroy their base. For that you'll need fleet that has 2/3 manpower of target base (iirc 1st level base is 300 defenders). Also by that time you should upgrade your infartry (military screen). Or even get tank tech (Autonomous Construction). Raw scouts probably won't do, you'll need either manpower module (Ubiqitous surveiliance tech) or proper combat ships (carrying 100 crew each). For normal pirate difficulty 1 scout with 1 manpower module + 2 regular combat scouts will be probably enough. As for combat ships, I'm not sure what's better - to build your own (unlocking designs + 1 mil tech) or to buy them (unlocking merc market). Guess market is better. That's not just for pirates anyway - it's good to have some ships for opportunistic agression here and there or just for defence. 

7) Battle tactics - you have acces to "take trophies" tactic, should add it on turn 1, perhaps instead of turtle. 30 dust and 10 science per destroyed ship (e.g. pirates) is very good earlygame. You'll have to destroy 4 ships as per your quest anyway.

8) So I my "build order" is to spam 5 scouts total (+1 starting one), then all buildings, then combat ships or whatever.

9) As for techs - didn't figure it out yet. My take is as follows:

- If ark refit 2prod 1 science then 1) Ubiqitous surveiliance to unlock tier 2 military which gives improved weapon and protection modules. You'll refit you hero+2 scouts into them. 2) Unlock a planet in home system 3) Titanium tech for building 4) Baryotic shielding (free movement) 4) Hull designs 5) Market techs

- If ark refit 3 prod (i prefer that) then skip surveiliance and just go planet-titanium-baryotic- market. You'll have to do with just basic scouts till merks appear.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message