Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

What is "Positive Diplomatic Pressure"?

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Dec 4, 2019, 12:38:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm doing an Unfallen playthrough and reached Chapter 3.2 in their Questline, which requires me to reach 40 "positive diplomatic pressure" with another faction. 

I was under the impression that this means to max out the diplomatic relationship with another faction in my favor. I've done this using the Academy fleet to conquer my Riftborn neighbour. Still the quest does not trigger. Is this, because I'm at war with them? Does "positive" stand for "peaceful" instead of "in my favor"? 

In the diplomacy screen the Diplomatic pressure towards the Riftborn (War) is called " war pressure". I'm in peace/cold war with the other factions. In this case it is called "influence pressure". So my question is, what is positive diplomatic pressure and where can I find it? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 4, 2019, 1:06:28 PM

The Diplomatic Pressure does indeed refer to peacetime relations. You can increase this pressure by having a higher score than them, and through "border friction" in your favor. For most faction this means producing a lot of influene in border systems so thay your bubble pushes out the enemy's, but for Unfallen this means creating vines in their systems.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 4, 2019, 1:37:11 PM

Good to know. I'll go entwine those science boys next door. :)

Oh and by the way: Loved your "How 2"-Streams! 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 4, 2019, 3:38:21 PM

An additional option for to increase diplomatic pressure on other factions is to make use of diplomatic action "Burreaucratic Imbroglio". Effect lasts for some turns and costs influence.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 4, 2019, 4:10:43 PM

Is the "Burreaucratic Imbroglio" considered positive? The description says "Allignment: Bad". 

Although I'm not sure, my entwined neighbours are so phond of me anymore as is... :P

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 17, 2019, 2:06:59 AM

You can also put diplomatic pressure on other players/AI by orbiting thier systems. You can be in a cold war state or at peace and it still puts pressure on them. You can also use this to block the output of strategic and luxury reasources.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message