Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Vodyani - Winning the game and achievement issues

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Feb 13, 2022, 8:57:47 PM

Hello all.  So I was playing the Vodyani as I am working on the achievements and am having a pretty decent game.  As I near the end game stage, I see that I can knock out the achievement 

I Am the Eternal End.  I figure as I am the military might of the universe I will also knock out the Academic Pursuits achievement.  

So the first issue ->  How does the Vodyani take over this system.  I get A you cannot raze the Academy home system error.  I cannot colonize it as I need to have the ark in place.  I cannot place the ark as the system is still occupied.  

So at this point I say no sweat, maybe its not needed for the I Am the Eternal End  achievement.  So I continue purging the universe of the undesirables and eliminate the Imperials (at this stage they are the last empire).  I do not get a game won command.  Not knowing if I need to remove minor races, I then purge the only race other than the Academy left on the map. 

So issue number 2 -> Does the Academy count as needing to be removed in order to get the I Am the Eternal End achievement?  Link to the score table image

Now I figure I have invested the time into the world for the I Am the Eternal End achievement and was not able to get it.  I figure I will cut my loses and go after the Numbers. They Don't Lie. achievement. This will take a little extra time but I can set everything on cruise control and then just quickly pass to the next turn.  So now with my world set on making dust and my fleets orbiting planets with nothing to do I hit turn 300 and 301.  

So the last issue.-> I did not get a win screen and I did not get the achievement for winning by score.  I progressed to turn 310 and now have completed the science and the wonder wing by stat as well.  With no modifications to the win scenarios, why is it I can get a win on this game? Link to the victory screen image

Any help to some or all of my questions is appreciated.  

Thank you in advance.  

0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 13, 2022, 10:29:15 PM

Two possible reasons are coming into my mind.

a) you turned off (some) of the victory conditions in new game victory options  (so they won't trigger) or

b) you did win game by triggering one of the victory conditions, but you did choose to play on

By the way, do you make use of mods?

Edit: Forget about my previous text. If you want to unlock the "I Am the Eternal End" achievement you need to go for Supremacy victory. But you didn' t colonize (own) all of AI players home systems, yet.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 13, 2022, 11:14:39 PM

You don't need to capture Academy to get it, neither you can. There's a bug that disallows Vodyani to do so.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 19, 2022, 6:40:42 AM

Thank you.   I did not realize that to get the I Am the Eternal End achievement that you had to actually own the systems as well.  I have the game saved still so i might go and see if I can figure out the home systems.   Still wondering why the score one did not kick off.   

0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 20, 2022, 5:50:41 AM

OK so I have gone back and taken all the starting world and the game states that I have all 6 of the required 6 and still no win screen or achievement.  Is there a way to see if I disabled that win scenario.  (I dont believe I did but want to check)  

0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 22, 2022, 5:07:39 AM
spacespook wrote:

OK so I have gone back and taken all the starting world and the game states that I have all 6 of the required 6 and still no win screen or achievement.  Is there a way to see if I disabled that win scenario.  (I dont believe I did but want to check)  

Looks to be a bug, but as to what it is or what caused it I don't know. Supremacy victory condition kicks in once all Home systems are under your control(be it solo or Alliance. You don't need 100% ownership, just control). If a Victory condition is turned off, it's greyed out(easy to note when it is). All your victory conditions are still in play. Try playing a different faction and going for Supremacy to troubleshoot.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 22, 2022, 6:04:49 PM

@Barf Thank you.  I had assumed it would be greyed out or some other notification that it would not be present, but was looking for confirm.  I really did not remember turning it off.  

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message