Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Cravers Early Game

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
May 16, 2022, 7:49:06 PM

I've been playing through all of the factions one by one, but the Cravers are giving me more trouble than most. Usually, the way I play is by ramping up my owned systems with light colonization, while relying on minor faction assimilates to get my economy going quickly. I try to do this peacefully most of the time, but because the Cravers can't praise and ask for quests unless the pacifists are in the Senate, a normal Craver game for me will look something like this:

1. I explore around, find some minor factions.

2. I obtain the Medium from the Craver questline.

3. I rush small hulls and armor ground tech and build up a fleet to try and blitz a minor faction system around turn 22-25. 

4. My manpower isn't enough to conquer the minor faction before they spawn mediums, destroy my fleet, and beat back my invasion.

5. I watch impotently while the AI assimilates all of my minors through quests. 

How can I either get my fleet and techs out faster or overcome the minor faction fleets? In case it's relevant, I'm playing on Impossible difficulty with the ESG 1.6 mod.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
May 22, 2022, 10:22:33 AM

Forget industry, focus on unlocking the markets fast. Explore for luxuries and strategics only. Start selling all your findings turn by turn so the price keeps high. Research first hulls. Create some cheap empty hulls while getting to stage 2 of the military for CP increase. Upgrade your 14 CP fleet with the accumulated dust stock. Use Chain Gang 1 or 2 times to get some extra manpower for fleets before invading and don't forget to upgrade your ground troops. Use bombardment or blitz depending on your manpower numbers to have a higher chance of killing extra pops and denying minors to use the Draft defensive card. Follow the industrial quest path so you could get a hint of where the nearest minors are.

0Send private message
2 years ago
May 23, 2022, 8:51:28 AM
Hey, I'd recommend asking Zingybird on the ESG server for advice, he's probably the best competitive player right now and Cravers are his preferred faction.
0Send private message
2 years ago
May 23, 2022, 10:14:48 AM
CaptainCobbs wrote:
Hey, I'd recommend asking Zingybird on the ESG server for advice, he's probably the best competitive player right now and Cravers are his preferred faction.

Do you play on normal speed? I always thought fast is a preffered setting for MP. I may be wrong though. The pace is pretty different thats why I ask. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
May 23, 2022, 10:21:46 AM
neprostoman wrote:
CaptainCobbs wrote:

Do you play on normal speed? I always thought fast is a preffered setting for MP. I may be wrong though. The pace is pretty different thats why I ask. 

For the most part you should just be able to multiply the pacing by 2 from Fast speed, ESG has made a lot more things scale with game speed. And still, general advice will always be useful even without specifying which turn you need to do x by.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jun 30, 2022, 2:44:49 PM
neprostoman wrote:

Forget industry, focus on unlocking the markets fast. Explore for luxuries and strategics only. Start selling all your findings turn by turn so the price keeps high. Research first hulls. Create some cheap empty hulls while getting to stage 2 of the military for CP increase. Upgrade your 14 CP fleet with the accumulated dust stock. Use Chain Gang 1 or 2 times to get some extra manpower for fleets before invading and don't forget to upgrade your ground troops. Use bombardment or blitz depending on your manpower numbers to have a higher chance of killing extra pops and denying minors to use the Draft defensive card. Follow the industrial quest path so you could get a hint of where the nearest minors are.

I have do the same i recommend to do this and try it.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message