Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Advanced Climate Engineering Module and Depletion Points removal

Copied to clipboard!
7 months ago
Oct 14, 2023, 6:01:23 PM

Hello dear Community,

I don't understand how the Advanced Climate Engineering Module for the Behemoth is working. The tooltip states that one module removes two Depletion Points. I have a Behemoth with four modules and a multiplier of two. This should give me 16 (2/module x 4 modules x 2) Depletion Points removal, correct? If I have planet with five Cravers they add five Depletion Points per turn. Thus, the net effect should be  +5 -16 = -11 Depletion Points and the planet should slowly recover. However, this does not seem to be the case, see screenshots (in German, so Raubbaupunkte = Depletion Points)

On Turn 103 planet Heze I has 156/180 Depletion Points and 5 Cravers. The Behemoth is in orbit of the Heze system: Turn 103, 156 Depletion Points

On Turn 104 planet Heze I has 157/180 Depletion Points?! I was excepting 145 (= 156 - 11) or 161 (= 156 + 5) if the modules were not working at all. Turn 104, 157 Depletion Points

So, how does the Advanced Climate Engineering Module actually work? What am I missing? Thank you for your help!

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 15, 2023, 3:47:13 PM

If I remember correctly, "Depletion points cancelled" stat from several modules does not stack, but slot multiplier does. So you have base 2 multiplied by 2. If restoration is everything you want from said Behemoth, you can exchange other 3 modules, since they won't increase cancellation further. If you also want to have Terraformation, Restoration and Anomaly reduction boost, then leave them be.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 19, 2023, 6:16:15 PM

Thanks for the info. But if "depletion points cancelled" does not stack, it would be good if there were an in-game info, like "(does not stack)".

But the mechanics around this is still weird. I have a planet that is "Depleted" with three Cravers on it. The turn after I move my Behemoth with the Advanced Climate Engineering Module(s) into the system, the Depletion Points jump to 95/100!? At least, the Cravers get their 150% FIDS bonus. The turn after that, they are at 98/100. Then I move the Behemoth to another system and the planet drops back to Depleted the next turn?! See screenshots at Turns 130, 131 and 132: 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message