Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

How are senators choosen?

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Mar 26, 2017, 12:32:37 PM

I have two hero scientists. The first one I recruited was in the senate for multiple elections. But then, after the last election, it changed to the other one. I thought, that the first recruited hero of a political partie is always the senator.

My questions are:

1. Is it intended that senators change, or is it a bug?

2. If it's not a bug, how exactly does it work?

3. Is there a way to actively change heroes in the senate slot, if I have more than one hero per political partie?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 10:33:04 AM

Think is alwas max lvl hero of this party too. Not time to test.

With actual mechanics, normally first hero always lvl up faster, uless you leave him/her/it into a fleet or a system with very low production.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 4, 2017, 5:41:15 PM

I tested it, and it's not the hero with the highest level. My theory is, that currently, the first recruited hero of a political partie is always the senator.  But this doesn't explain, why my heroes switched once. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 4, 2017, 5:46:38 PM
Aimer wrote:

I tested it, and it's not the hero with the highest level. My theory is, that currently, the first recruited hero of a political partie is always the senator.  But this doesn't explain, why my heroes switched once. 

For me too, The first hero is the one that become senator (I had more with more levels and they didn't switch) so still I have no idea why yours switched, Could be maybe that your hero went to coldown or were injured? I don't know...

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 4, 2017, 8:27:34 PM

^thats interesting! Just force a defeat in a space battle wioth the current hero. maybe it works.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 7, 2017, 3:07:47 PM

I also experienced hero switching on one occasion, it went from lvl 25 vodyani to lvl 3 amoeba, I was not thrilled and it never changed back.

I also suspect that it might be connected with the hero being disabled.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 7, 2017, 4:06:59 PM
Aimer wrote:

^thats interesting! Just force a defeat in a space battle wioth the current hero. maybe it works.

Does not work. The hero keeps the senator slot, despit being injured.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 5, 2018, 4:32:09 PM

Was there a change in government type or political party?  I can't fathom what else might affect that...

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 23, 2018, 12:15:04 PM
koxsos wrote:

I also experienced hero switching on one occasion, it went from lvl 25 vodyani to lvl 3 amoeba, I was not thrilled and it never changed back.

I also suspect that it might be connected with the hero being disabled.

I've had a hero switch once, iirc the main hero "lost" the senate seat to a secondary hero. I was using the main as fleet general and the second one as system administrator:

Could this be linked with the number of "senator skills" that the heroes have taken ? I.E. the hero with most skills which have effects on senate takes the political lead ?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Oct 14, 2018, 4:53:15 PM

As of current patch situation (and couple previous ones), it counts of "point invested into senator skills". = this means if both have equal number of "senate effect skills" one who has more points invested (rank 2s for instance) gets to be a senator.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Oct 16, 2018, 8:53:41 AM

You won't believe how much I thank you for this awnser! 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message