Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Opt out of traveling on lanes.

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Sep 29, 2017, 10:47:15 PM

Hello!

In a game I played recently, I was at war with my neighbor. I hoped to snag a system that was behind them. I made a Colony ship, and when I was ready to send it out, I realized that the path it wanted to take was through an enemy system. It was the fastest route but by no means the safest. Is there a hotkey I can use to to tell a ship to fly striaght to a system rather than optimizing the distance using lanes? I hope this is a clear enough question. 

Thanks!

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 29, 2017, 11:02:24 PM

Thanks for the quick reply! I feel a bit silly for not finding that on my own. Cheers!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 27, 2017, 11:26:44 AM
CyRob wrote:

You can force outside lane travel (assuming you have the tech for it) by holding Ctrl when setting the ships destination

Does that also allow you to make it use lanes up to a certain system and then move off?
To further optimize the turns vs safety.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 28, 2017, 5:31:13 PM
Bucketsmith wrote:
CyRob wrote:

You can force outside lane travel (assuming you have the tech for it) by holding Ctrl when setting the ships destination

Does that also allow you to make it use lanes up to a certain system and then move off?
To further optimize the turns vs safety.

The trick there is to move only as far as you can in the starlanes, then use ctr held for the next bit.  Often it's best to break down a long journey, as once you get off the starlanes you are committed to your destination.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message