Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

UC Sanctuaries and Depleted Planets

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Apr 11, 2019, 2:43:06 AM

Not sure if this is just an inaccurate HUD display, but it looks like Umbral Choir sanctuaries are unaffected by depleted planets. Which almost feels unintended, but hey - cravers are a juicy target for sanctuaries, then!

Before:

After:

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 23, 2019, 10:58:28 AM

I dont have any screenshots, because it was an enemy AI doing it...

But I was going for an elimination victory as the cravers, so I was destroying a lot of planets.

Umbral Choir was able to put new citadels on destroyed planets after I invaded the citadels and then wiped out the planets.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 24, 2019, 8:15:37 AM

Yes, Umbral Choir are unaffected by Depleted planets. Concerning gameplay and balance this decision was made because they have fewer options to restore them than other factions (e.g. No Sowers on Umbral Systems), lore-wise it can probably be said they are unaffected by it because of their slightly detached relation to physical reality.

The same is true the other way around: Custom Umbral Choir with Extreme Foremen will not deplete planets, so they can't grief other empires.

Regarding Umbral Choir placing sanctuaries on obliterated systems: That is intended. The Umbral Choir have a technology to "Colonize Destroyed."

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 30, 2019, 12:02:37 PM

Thanks Cat-o-Nine,

It was annoying when going for an elimination victory, But I like it overall.

The differences between the factions are my favorite part of the game.

Please pass along my compliments for the reworked Hissho, they are much more fun to play now, Hatched at Home/Ancestral Reverence make sense now!

https://www.reddit.com/r/EndlessSpace/comments/aly6c9/anyone_know_how_to_minmax_hatched_at_home_hissho/

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message