Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

A few questions

Copied to clipboard!
2 months ago
Mar 14, 2024, 9:37:46 PM

Hello. I have recently reinstalled the game, bought all the DLC and I'm having a lot of fun. There are a few things though ... odd stuff.

1. Why do I have to set "Run as an administrator" for ES2? It's the ONLY game I need to do this for on Steam. I'll also need to choose "Yes, I want to allow this app to make changes..." every single time I launch the game. If I don't, the game just launches and instantly shuts down.

2. The Steam overlay is broken? I have double checked and it's activated in Steam for the game. Again, this is the ONLY game where this happens.

Regarding #1 and #2: Yes, I have verified game files. I have not reinstalled the game, because I installed it just two-three days ago and I had these issues the last time as well (couple years ago).

3. My fans starts/stops intermittently. Once again, it's ONLY in ES2. As soon as I zoom in on a system, the fans rev up like nuts. Zoom out - quiet. Go into diplomacy - fans go ape again.

My computer is fairly new. It's been thoroughly cleaned and blown with air spray (by me, and by the vendors themselves). It's got decent specs, please see below:

Processor: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K   3.50 GHz

Installed RAM: 32,0 GB (31,7 GB usable)

Graphics card: Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti

I can run other games whitout the fans going nuts. Skyrim with 3-400 mods, Minecraft modpacks (and these two games are horribly optimized), Doom Eternal with maxed out graphics, Xcom 2 with 200 mods etc. These all run without the fans going crazy (Xcom 2 is demanding and the computer gets warm, but the fans still run more even).

Sorry for wall of text. :) Has anyone else had similar problems? How did you solve it? Thanks in advance.

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 15, 2024, 4:49:25 PM

After reading the sticky post, I realized I had forgot to check the antivirus. I created an exception and that fixed #1. My apologies.

The other two still persist. Perhaps someone has experienced the same thing and/or knows any suggestions? :)

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 17, 2024, 9:15:06 AM

#2 also seems to have been fixed by the AV exception. It seems as if I was a bit of an ass. :)

I guess that just leaves #3. I'm curious if anything can be done? I did poke around in NVIDIA Control Panel (according to the troubleshooting post) but it doesn't seem to help.

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 17, 2024, 11:11:47 PM

For number 3, some menus have a lot of processing going on in the background (mostly AI with in the Diplomacy menu iirc), it's not really an issue as far as I can tell but I understand the concern

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message