Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

[MAC] Text is blurry/fuzzy regardless of resolution

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Mar 22, 2024, 9:01:06 AM

Huge Endless Legend fan, finally got ES2.

I've found regardless of resolution, or graphics settings from Fastest to Fantastic, the text is blurry.

For examples see these two images.

As far as I can tell, everything else is scaled appropriately (though I honestly wouldn't know at this stage).
As suggested in this prior thread I will try adjusting the UI scale, though so far setting to "Adaptive" hasn't helped.

SD and HD UI scales are quite small on this screen.

My system information is:

Native resolution: 14-inch (3024 × 1964)

MacOS Monterey Version 12.2.1

Model Name:    MacBook Pro

Model Identifier:    MacBookPro18,3

Chip:    Apple M1 Pro

Total Number of Cores:    8 (6 performance and 2 efficiency)

Memory:    16 GB

System Firmware Version:    7429.81.3

OS Loader Version:    7429.81.3

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
Mar 24, 2024, 12:21:40 PM

Something else I've noticed is that when adjusting resolution, the window won't downscale to a smaller size.

Previously with Endless Legend on my old PC, I would sometimes downscale the resolution and increase the graphics quality.

Sometimes I'd play full screen, but other times I'd keep the window at a smaller size to keep other things open and in view.

Attempting this now with ES2, I notice the window still takes up the entire screen.
If I hover over the green button near the red "x" (to close window) and select "Tile Window to Right of Screen", the resolution then is able to drop to the select quality, however it is either distorted (as you'd expect) by squishing it (horizontally downscaled with vertical fullscaled) and fairly pixellated, or it will only show half the screen without squishing (such that the other half of the screen is "offscreen").

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message