Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

How to find players

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jun 4, 2017, 1:32:04 PM

Hi! I was regarded ES2 as a multiplayer game from the very start, but now I have problems with finding players to enjoy the game with. What are the tips to improve the situation?

1) Steam and firewall settings?

2) Day and time?

3) Most attractive settings while hosting?

4) How much time does it take to gather a party?

5) Links to regular playing groups?

6) Anything?

I prefer to play custom factions, btw.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 4, 2017, 2:37:23 PM

Beats me, the "Join Game" feature rarely comes up with anyone for me, but surely there must be people playing multiplayer? Try joining some steam groups and adding bunch of people, obviously late afternoon would be your best bet at finding players.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 4, 2017, 3:08:11 PM
Corioso wrote:

Beats me, the "Join Game" feature rarely comes up with anyone for me, but surely there must be people playing multiplayer? Try joining some steam groups and adding bunch of people, obviously late afternoon would be your best bet at finding players.

Thank you for your reply! Late afternoon in what region? At the moment I found only one game that had not been started yet. It was a game in my region and I wonder if I can see games in other region in general. I had an issue with that in EL.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 5, 2017, 5:36:16 AM

For me the MP part is also way more interesting then the SP part. But I tend to play private gamesessions untill the time of heavy the desync- and gamebreaking bugs are over. Right now my friends and me often just sotp playing because we get a desync every two or three rounds and often loose the whole game to some bugs. And I know, if we would join or create random games the endurance of constantly restarting a game for random people is decreasing even more.

But I know: the glory times of ES2-MP will come. Maybe it will take two, three or even ten patches more, but we will defenetly wait for the better times to come!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 14, 2017, 12:01:19 PM

Yeah, I hope the Devs will prioritize MP because it is the thing that can give endless replayability to the game.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 21, 2017, 7:00:22 PM

Absolutely, BTW I am available anytime US hours for a game on steam, add me username is the same, I am also in the ES2 MP group. Hopefully others will come, right now small and medium galaxy 4 player games seem to make it all the way through.  A lot of times I find I am playing with a overseas host too and its still playable.

anyway would love to see MP increase, it is SUCH a blast

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 26, 2017, 5:25:14 PM

Saturdays, Sundays.

I'd love to have a party with discord and setting up a regular play group.

For me the best settings to play are on Fast, with a galaxy size according to the player quantity, also I like having node connections on low, number of constellations on many and pretty much everything else on standard.

I also like custom factions but it's not a good idea to play them in MP because thetraits are quite unbalanced yet. (I read than the update next to the coming update will focus in balancing that among other things).

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 10, 2017, 12:46:52 AM
bblanque wrote:

I also like custom factions but it's not a good idea to play them in MP because thetraits are quite unbalanced yet. (I read than the update next to the coming update will focus in balancing that among other things).

I hope this will make custom faction settings more popular although I personally never cared about balance in the Endless games. I am just roleplaying my custom factions :).

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 17, 2017, 11:07:46 PM

Endless Legend had a thread on steam game discussion(s) called: "Looking for players". It's missing in Endless Space 2.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 28, 2017, 9:49:07 AM

If you do create one, I'll sticky it. ;)

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 28, 2017, 3:18:27 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

If you do create one, I'll sticky it. ;)

I was afraid of exactly that answer... why is my glasbowl always right ?

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message