Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Qui-Gon Gym Rulebook

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Oct 28, 2018, 10:04:13 PM

I thought I could do write up set of my rule preferences and name it in a stupid way and give it a theme, one people can really rally behind.

Say hi to "Qui-Gon Gym ruleset"

Qui-Gon Gym games are meant to strengthen the players involved and improve their abilities of quick thought, prioretization and good judgement in a short timespan. While maintaining a reasonable game timespan so that multiple ones can be had in place of a single long one which in turn helps eliminate the RNG aspects.

To achieve this such games one should be using the following rules:

• few players(=<4), cause end turn resolution times offer reprieve and make your mind go lazy, who wants that, 4 players is top number this can work well with.
  • Short turn timers(that's =< 90 seconds without any additions), cause you gotta go fast. Screw overtime, I tried that, it's lame.
    Fast turns provoke you to think fast, do fast, click fast, and utilize screens in the game you did not know exist.
    They also discourage you from running hearthstone or another game in the background which further improves your focus and keeps your head in the game.
  • Timers on combat (30 secs max is fine) cause Qui-Gon Gym frowns upon SWJ++ shenanigans of prolonging turn timers through other means.
  • Small maps (max the recommended size) less systems, less clicking, more action, more prioretization.
  • Either prearranged teams for 2 v 2 or no alliances. Cause playing sandbox for 70 turns behind a meatshield is kinda missing the point.
  • Other rules are negotiable and should be negotiated prior the to start of the game.

Observed results:

• games are fast paced, there are fewer dull moments and games are resolved quickly or at least quicker... (speaking of recuding playtime from 4,5 hours to 2 hours lags and reloads included)
  • The game still lags like hell at 5 players cause I am probably a crappy host while streaming. So I won't host anymore.
  • People lack thorough knowledge of prequel memes
  • People enjoy the pressure, their hearts are racing and what not.

Known issues:

• If the game decides that you can not interact with stuff and fleets don't move for a whole minute out of the minute nad a half turn, well it's time to change the host or decrease the numbers and politely lynch some devs on G2G events.
  • All the usual game issues, you get invaded yet you get bonus for 7 invasions, and other fancy both old and new patch features.

It is in good manners to utilize Star Wars references, prequel ones in particular, basic etiquete under Qui-Gon Gym rules is to respond with "General Kenobi" to a "Hello there" message. This is the way gym members should adress themselves when they meet and thus means of membership recognition also known as "secret handshake" or "the password". As a confirmation of mutual recognition, it can further be followed up by the modern "I see you are a man of culture aswell".

Quoting not only prequel memes , jedi mind tricks, hating jar-jar binks, and trusting in your instincts is to be encouraged.

Should one disrespect the rules or otherwise bring shame to the Qui-Gon Gym dojo, one is to be sent to a timeout and adressed as Ben Swolo, which is a sequel meme and thus presents the highest shame of all.
Surpassed only by Jar Jar Binks.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Oct 29, 2018, 6:59:37 PM

If one does not accept Qui-Gon Gym teachings, memri TV has a meme for that too:

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 11, 2018, 5:25:34 PM

Hello there!

0Send private message