Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Ok, time to grow up: LET'S GET A CALENDAR - what kind of calendar service would you prefer?

google
outlook
steam
something else and far better
Vote nowView results
Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Sep 26, 2019, 4:27:11 PM

Timmy and Jimmy want to play a game.
Timmy goes to discord and at 2 am (discord translates to my TZ, so I have no relative idea.) says, does someone want to play a game tomorrow evening?

... nothing happens. no one who does not subscribe to that particular thread, which gets spammy at times, knows.

Now I am not saying this would change much but how about this:

They shall post a public calendar event into a public calendar.

People will commit or tentatively participate.

And probably nothing will happen again, cause the playerbase is so fragmented about what medium of "let's meet in the same lobby, shall we" to use.

But having a single calendar service with let's say entire playerbase, would result in you being able to browse future lobbies.

You could see hosts, and or backup hosts.

You would be able to prearange a freaking game with strangers.

My first idea was to make an excel sheet. And I will still probably spam that in the post next as in a structured data form of "introduce yourself to fellow players" thread.

This excel sheet then can be used to cross reference friends on steam you would like to have.

But then this could also be achieved by simply creating a massive community group for ES2 MP players on steam (I know of 2 myself).

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 26, 2019, 6:30:06 PM

For example we have the HERETIC! yey, 42 members, 2 in chat. Looks dead for the past 2 years.

So what I want, or more like what WE want is to have a single stupid group, everyone who basically says "i would like me some ES2 mp" jumps in, and then, people can post stuff as events in manner of "yo, Ima gonna host from 3 to 6 pm." and BAM! people participate or not.

There is a time, there is like an ability to click a button and be involved in that, there is a time and what not. I dunno, I mean discord can work for this,  but then discord does not exactly remind you, that you have a game tomorrow.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 27, 2019, 11:59:16 PM

Well I joined the steam group you linked a couple of days ago, but it doesnt seam to be too active, I am still looking for a good way to connect with other players who play es2 and efficiently host mp games

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 28, 2019, 5:35:06 AM

I'm effectively a terrible player. I am, however, interested in being terrible in MP so I can hopefully learn to not be terrible one day. 

If interested, my Steam name is Valadeus, look me up. 

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 30, 2019, 4:52:17 PM

well we could try to make the group more alive... but it is the best group we got.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message