Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Counting Specific Items In the Galaxy?

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Feb 3, 2019, 4:57:38 AM

So, I can count occourances of specific improvements or anomalies, but only if they are owned by that same empire.

Is there a way to track items that are owned across all empires, or better yet, total occourances in the galaxy (even if unowned by anyone)?

My current technique is to create a property on the item that wants to use the counted number, and then have the "counted" items in question add to that value themselves by sending it throught the heirachy. This works fine, and also doesn't modify the various StarSystem or Planet simulation descriptors, which helps with mod compatibility. But it only seems to work within the same empire.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 14, 2019, 11:14:57 AM

Hey there,

I'm not really sure how to help you, as it mostly depends on what you want to count, and what you want to do with it.

Generally speaking, quests can help you do things that would not be possible otherwise. For instance, you can use quest variables to get the amount of Planets with Anomalies in the galaxy:

<Var VarName="$AmountOfPlanetsWithAnomaly">

<Count>

<From Source="$Constellations.$StarSystems.$Planets">

<Where>

<PathPrerequisite Flags="Prerequisite">PlanetAnomaly</PathPrerequisite>

</Where>

</From>

</Count>

</Var>

Maybe this could help?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 14, 2019, 11:34:50 AM

Ah, I can see how this wasn't clear.

I was specificaly refering to things a system improvement could track.
As in, an inprovement that would give a benefit that's based on the numeber of <somehtings> in the galaxy.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message