Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Something Changed: Fleet action anomaly reduction button preq now hard-coded?

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Feb 13, 2019, 8:46:31 AM

In relation to my Endless Moons mod, I have a module that lets you reduce moon anomalies. It only works for moon exploration because the module reduction value is 0.1 and moon exploration is a 1 turn cost. So it will complete the moon reduction but other anomalies would take 1000s of turns. (This is mostly used by players to hunt for Endless Temples ouside of their territory.)

This is admittadly a bit of a kludge, but it worked before Umbral Choir.

Now, however, the fleet button is greyed out if a player doesn't also have an anomally reduction technology. This is despite having a modded Entity Action concerning anomally reductions, to count my modded tech as a valid prequisite.

During troubleshooting, I temporarily removed both the check for NetAnomalyReductionProduction and for the reduction techs, yet the fleet button is still complaining about needing an anomaly reduction tech, despite those requirements removed.

This makes me think that this check is now hard-coded, or there's another check somewhere else.

Any ideas?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 13, 2019, 1:13:58 PM

The other thing that has occoured to me, is that perhaps the modded file isn't getting loaded correctly - and this would explain why disabling prerequisites had no effect.

Here's the method I'm using (copied straight out of DataTypes.txt):

<DatabasePlugin DataType="EntityActionDefinition, Assembly-CSharp" >
                <ExtraTypes>
                     <ExtraType DataType="InitiateEmpireActionFleetActionDefinition, Assembly-CSharp" />
                </ExtraTypes>
                <FilePath>Simulation/EM_EntityActions.xml</FilePath>
            </DatabasePlugin>

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 22, 2019, 5:19:44 AM

Well, I still don't know what's causing the problem, but I found a work-around by hijacking the default Moon Exploration tech.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 25, 2019, 1:41:21 PM

Hey Tychonoir,

Your file was indeed loaded incorrectly!

With the Umbral choir version we've changed the type of the InitiateReduceAnomalyFleetAction action:

It was an InitiateEmpireActionFleetActionDefinition but now it's an InitiateAnomalyReductionEmpireActionFleetAction.

You'll have to replace this word in both the DatabasePlugin and EntityActionDefinitions XML.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message