Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Correct Flexify 2 outpot setting for planet textures?

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Jan 30, 2019, 10:49:21 AM

Title pretty much says it all, does anyone know the correct flexify 2 (photoshop plugin) output settings for making planet textures?

P.S.

Is there a guide out there anywhere for making planet textures for ES2 like there was for ES1?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 4, 2019, 12:28:29 PM

Or is there somone who can tell me what else to use to convert a cubemap or equirectangular map into ES2's format?  There was a link to a blender scene that could convert textures but the link is broken now, anyone out there happen to have that?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 15, 2019, 3:48:40 PM

Hey LogicSequence,

Unfortunately there's no flexify setting which allows you to correctly transform "regular" textures into "ES2-approved" textures.

However, we have a tool for that! It's not the one we used for the production of ES2 planets and it's kinda... homemade... but it'll work!

I'll provide a more professional-looking way of downloading it soon, for now it's only this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pPbg5s513Z2KoCr6kDnIROCT5zG5An_G/view

It only requires you to download Blender (it's a free 3D software), and there's a Tutorial folder with a video which should explain you how to use it.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 16, 2019, 12:20:14 PM
MonAmiral wrote:

Hey LogicSequence,

Unfortunately there's no flexify setting which allows you to correctly transform "regular" textures into "ES2-approved" textures.

However, we have a tool for that! It's not the one we used for the production of ES2 planets and it's kinda... homemade... but it'll work!

I'll provide a more professional-looking way of downloading it soon, for now it's only this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pPbg5s513Z2KoCr6kDnIROCT5zG5An_G/view

It only requires you to download Blender (it's a free 3D software), and there's a Tutorial folder with a video which should explain you how to use it.

Ahh thank you very much!  I have blender, although professionally i use LightWave and Maya, i think i can get the hang of blender enough to export the textures!

Now... If you can only tell me how to edit the vfx color of anomalies and permanently attach them to planet classes.... >:)

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 18, 2019, 2:02:37 PM

I'm afraid anomalies cannot be modified: we would have had to manually implement the changes on each anomaly prefab, and this was too costly to do.

And it's something we should consider in the future but it's also not possible to always have a set of anomalies on a planet, since it relies on generator stuff and this cannot be easily modded.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 18, 2019, 3:20:55 PM

Yeah i was afraid of that. Oh well, i'll do what i can!  Btw, if you could i had another question here.  Basically just asking how does one set a custom planet's atmosphere and atmopspheric ring color from the cyan blue that it is by defualt?  Or is that not possible?

I must admit i miss being unable to use scripting like other unmentioned games.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 18, 2019, 8:50:59 PM

From my understanding, you can add a specific anomaly for all the planets of a certain type with the quest system (it may break the GUI a bit if more than 2 anomalies+deposits on the same planet though), you may want to look into that.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message