Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Idea for mod concerning Awakening DLC content

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Feb 20, 2020, 11:32:08 PM

As long as idea section is closed, I want to offer an idea to improve Awakening DLC content by an engaged modder (in my case I sadly lack of mod skills...).

Just brainstorming (intended to be an ongoing process) at the moement, but wanted to have fixed my thoughts, before they get lost. This case changes aim for more interesting and balanced academy quest reward choices resulting in more fun:

Academy quest rewards:

a) The Spear of Isyander

You will be in command of the Academy’s powerful attack fleet, to use as you see fit 

* perhaps let it stay as it is (reasoned by the offered changes for the other quest rewards) , or slightly nerf its power in the early game.

b) The Master of Dust 

Has the keys to the Academy’s coffers, specifically their diplomatic reserves, and can use this stock of Dust to grease some palms. 

* still no idea on my end when starting this thread

a) Vault Keeper

Can draw on the vast knowledge of the Academy to pass laws of parties not currently in power in their senate.

* add the powerful basic laws from political parties as reward, depending on you choice.

b) Librarian 

You can ask Isyander questions about the state of the galaxy, gaining valuable insight into how well your enemies are doing or learning more about the Endless universe.

* add (randomized) a number luxuries as additional reward (apart from lore stuff) for paying dust (perhaps scaled dust costs, depending on level of random luxuries you get for lore - including the pooled ones not discovered at that point depending on map settings).

What do you (community/modders) think about?

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 21, 2020, 4:42:23 AM

The Spear of Lysander shouldn't come filled up with manpower. That's what makes it such an effective invasion tool in the first round; not only do you get a big fleet, you get like 2k manpower as well at a point in time when most systems only have 200 defending manpower that might not even be filled up yet. If you want to use it to invade, you should have to provide your own troops.

The Vault Keeper is fine as-is. You get access to high-tier laws that you wouldn't normally have access to, but you need the influence to use them and they still take up a law slot. You have an advantage, but you need to have the ability to use it on your end. This role is pretty much perfect, imo.

The Master of Dust position is mostly useless because the AI doesn't seem to value dust in trades. The only thing it's good for is giving gifts to negate diplomatic pressure without having to spend your own dust. Maybe it could let you spend Dust instead of Influence for diplomatic purposes, including the Academy's Dust reserve? So factions that don't have good Influence generation or that are running high-cost laws can use their Dust to propose alliances or declare war or whatever.

The Librarian is a cool concept but is let down by the questions being bad. An information advantage could be great, but all the information it gives you is useless. There are a ton of potential things it could do but it doesn't do any of them. For example, providing map knowledge like the locations of off-lane systems, unique planets, and faction home systems (probably excluding the UC). Knowledge about where other factions are in the tech tree, for example a list of factions that have unlocked a certain technology so you could know who can build carriers or obliterators or whether anyone has privateers yet. Or a list of all heroes in the galaxy, what level they are, and what they're doing, like you get from possessing the Harrow system.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 21, 2020, 5:10:06 AM

Nerfing the Spear of Isyander is definitely possible, but modifying the others except for maybe the text given by the librarian answers is impossible.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 21, 2020, 5:42:20 AM

I think the biggest annoyance for me is the Academy growing like a faction, but not acting like a faction. Is there a way to mod stop the academy from grabbing new systems. I have disabled the expansion just for this reason

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 21, 2020, 10:11:15 AM
ANGRYABOUTELVES wrote:

Or a list of all heroes in the galaxy, what level they are, and what they're doing, like you get from possessing the Harrow system.

This ability is already part of the Librarian role, accessible the same way as when you control Harrow, through the button on the left side of the Academy screen.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 21, 2020, 11:12:56 AM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

Nerfing the Spear of Isyander is definitely possible, but modifying the others except for maybe the text given by the librarian answers is impossible.

I didn't expect. So forget about this thread. It can get closed from my point of view.

0Send private message
4 years ago
May 8, 2020, 8:09:10 AM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

Is it possible to detect whether player holds a title in conditions though? It's no secret the Vault and Librarian simply need a buff so maybe adding some unique improvements or ship modules could be done.

What I recently cannot get over it is how badly Awakening combines with Penumbra, the Academy doesn't even disable hostile traces like Pirates do, not to mention UC cannot place Sanctuaries on Academy systems and Academy cannot colonise systems with Sanctuaries.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message