Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Government specific System improvment / Temporary effect

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
May 30, 2022, 8:41:24 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to make an equivalent to cravers Feeding pits that make approval malus when you are in other government than dictatorship or autocracy. I've tried 2 way that failed (everything work except when I odd the sentances to make it specific to player's government).

1st way :
Modifying the temporary effect file with the malus from looting system :
<Modifier TargetProperty="Happiness" Operation="Addition" Value="-10" Path="ClassSenate,!GovernmentDictatorship,!GovernmentDictatorshipCravers/../ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem" TooltipOverride="%HappinessOnNonDictatorship"/>

<Modifier TargetProperty="Happiness" Operation="Addition" Value="-10" Path="ClassSenate,!GovernmentDictatorship,!GovernmentDictatorshipCravers"/>

I've tried few other variant and it doesn't work.

2nd way :
Creating Different system's improvments depending on the government. Same fails (this work with gameplay affinity but not with government) :
<PathPrerequisite Flags="Prerequisite,Discard,Government">ClassSenate,GovernmentDictatorship,GovernmentDictatorshipCravers</PathPrerequisite>

<PathPrerequisite Flags="Prerequisite,Discard,Government">ClassSenate,GovernmentDictatorship,GovernmentDictatorshipCravers/../ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem</PathPrerequisite>

I've tried different variant without success.

Can someone help me please ? (Sorry for my english mistakes, it's not my main langage)

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jun 3, 2022, 9:29:05 PM

Is this a law? A system improvement? faction trait?

Best advice I can give though, you probably want to add a ../ in front of your path.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jun 6, 2022, 8:51:27 AM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

Is this a law? A system improvement? faction trait?

Best advice I can give though, you probably want to add a ../ in front of your path.

It is a system improvement that destroy a minor population and active a temporary effect. I've tried your solution, but it didn't worked (the system improvement always disappear).

HighOverseer wrote:
In which XML file can I  find that?

The first one is taken from "SimulationDescriptors[DLC2]" in "Simulation" game's file and concern the TemporaryEffectSystemPillageHappinessMalus.

The second one is taken from the file "LawDefinitions[mod] in the mod file I use as a backbone (because the line about the affinitygameplay was working, I was hopping it will be the same with the government)

I wanted to share the concerned file of the mod but it say "something went wrong, please try again" without more information so i'll use google drive.

Here is the link : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xHUd7X8ZPuQfEtiMmLIdX8t_a10zX2Yw?usp=sharing

I use the mod Wrath of the Righteous as a backbone. The autor didn't give any sign of live since 2018 and since I will not share it on internet but use it for myself, it shouldn't be a problem to use it this way.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message