Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Animated Portrait Flip

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Jan 16, 2023, 2:33:23 AM

I'm currently modding a new Major Faction mod to the game and when implementing the <ModelPath> for the animated portrait, most animated portraits are aligned so that the character is covered by the diplomacy table. I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable knows if there's a way to flip the model after it's added to the <ModelPath> in the xml files!

I understand that it is impossible to edit the models themselves, I've tried (even after reading Devs saying they can't help with that). Was just curious if I'm able to adjust it's alignment in game.

If there's no solution for this, I'll instead just have still png of the art reveresed.

Thanks in advance!

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 19, 2023, 7:59:24 AM

The portrait for Bosun Jennifer Rach has a really nice compisition for a diplomat screen, also sparked an idea for a major pirate faction for fun. 

0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 20, 2023, 6:26:57 AM

Oh cool, nice choice. If you're ever in need of some help making major faction code, feel free to message me. I've made my own (unreleased) one, and helped 2 other people make major faction mods.

0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 20, 2023, 8:39:37 AM

Perfect! Suddenly had the passion to get into the coding for this game, especially major factions as there aren't that many on the workshop. I'd be happy to give you a message if I hit a brick wall.

Thanks again for the unfortunate no no to flipping portraits.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message