Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

My (MSPaint) Lore Chart of humans

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Jan 31, 2019, 6:23:23 PM

So, if I can recall, and recall correctly, based on Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2's United empire lore quest, a lot of humans derive from the Mezari.

With the introduction of Mezan (and the conflicting message that the Raiains came from Mezan and not the Mezari, which I decided to ignore), I decided to compile a fun lore chart to show my unimpressed friends  about it. 

So, behold my creation and feat of MSPaint!

Edit: I forgot the Sisters of Mercy...I completely forgot. Fixed.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 5, 2019, 11:59:52 AM

Hey REDGUY,

Nice job! This is pretty good, but not perfect ^^ 

There is some semi-official in-house lore that is a little different on some aspects. I'll try to dig it up and put it together so it makes sense.

-Slow

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 5, 2019, 1:57:16 PM

Broken Lords are meant to be Concrete Endless remnants I think.  It is possible that the Broken Lords and "humans" on Auriga are also some sort of Endless remnants / experiments / hybrids of some kind. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 5, 2019, 2:41:30 PM

Don't worry Knight, we have comments coming on your massive UE post as well :) 

-Slow

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 6, 2019, 5:06:48 AM
Slowhands wrote:

Hey REDGUY,

Nice job! This is pretty good, but not perfect ^^ 

There is some semi-official in-house lore that is a little different on some aspects. I'll try to dig it up and put it together so it makes sense.

-Slow

GASP, a dev acknowledged me I am not worthy.

Jokes aside, I figured it was pretty much that, close but not exact, it's nice to know my headcanon was close to the bullseye. I'm very fascinated in the in-house lore, soon to be revealed I'd gamble.

KnightofPhoenix wrote:

Broken Lords are meant to be Concrete Endless remnants I think.  It is possible that the Broken Lords and "humans" on Auriga are also some sort of Endless remnants / experiments / hybrids of some kind. 

I wasn't able to confirm it myself, because I think there was something about how the Broken Lords were found by the Endless, brought to Auriga to be studied, because the Endless didn't understand what made the Broken Lords bodies. It really is a fascinating subject, because to add on to the lore, it's possible that the Endless gleaned some knowledge from the Broken Lords, and used that to make the bodies of what would be the future Vodyani.

For the most part, a lot of this hinged on the keyword "humanoid" as that refers to someone who is human, and not just like a bipedal alien that also has very humanoid features, like the Lumeris, that's why the Delvers are on there "The Delvers have their origins in humanoids that were trapped deep underground after an earlier cataclysm".

As for the Broken Lords being listed as humanoids, aside from the armor design, is their names, all human names, following a English, and French, style.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they are Concrete Endless, if the Vodyani personality thing is any indication. In the end though, the Broken Lords as enigmatic to me as they were to the Endless that found them.

Sublustris wrote:

You forgot Horatio!

Actually, funny story, In ES1, his lore says Empire trillionaire, in ES2, he's just a trillionaire, that singular detail disqualified the Horatio in my eyes, but I wouldn't be opposed to adding them back in, me and my penchant for confirmations however makes him a mystery still.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 6, 2019, 8:52:49 AM
Sublustris wrote:

An exceedingly rich and exceedingly eccentric trillionaire who was exceedingly tired of everything, Horatio left the Mezari empire on a solo voyage.  

https://wiki.endless-space.com/factions/horatio

In ES1 it was United Empire, in ES2 - Mezari empire

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. Thank you for showing me, I never knew! 

In my defense though, his into bit when you select him in ES2 doesn't state it.

OH well, time to do some lore chart retconning!

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 6, 2019, 11:47:20 AM

Okay, here we go with a few clarifications:

- Broken Lords, Roving Clans, and Ardent Mages have common ancestors, and should be considered part of the same branch of the larger taxonomy of the Endless Universe.

-  As @KnightofPhoenix said: "...It is possible that the Broken Lords and "humans" on Auriga are also some sort of Endless remnants / experiments / hybrids of some kind. ..."
      -  Sisters of Mercy are also part of that family tree, as are the Dorgeshi. The Delvers, logically, given their morphology and location, must be in there as well (though to be honest I never spent that much time on their backstory... My bad.).

- The Mezari are the root of all spacefaring humanoid races in the galaxy. I use "spacefaring" to distinguish them from those native to Auriga ( the BL / RC / AM / SoM / ETC. )

- The Vaulters are not 'native' to Auriga, and are part of the Mezari line (as you show).

- The Forgotten, having come from the Vaulters, are also (distant) descendants of the Mezari (idem).

- Factions that are offshoots of the UE such as the Pilgrims, Sheredyn, and Horatio are therefore all part of the Mezari family tree (again, as you show) and distinct from the Aurigan races.

- The Dust Collective would be post-Auriga, and while it is a gameplay faction it is not a species / race. For example, I would imagine there are a lot of Lumeris in there, probably a few Kalgeros, and I bet some Mavros for security... It really is more of a guild, corporation, or collective than a people or nation.

- To clarify the Mezan / Raian question: 

The ancestral origin of all spacefaring ES2 humanoid races is indeed Mezan. However, there were several major exoduses... exodusses... exodi... whatever. The Vaulters were part of an earlier one, and the UE part of a later one. The UE established "their" home on the planet they call Raia, so that is truly the origin of their faction. For the UE, Mezan is at best a vague and distant memory, and does not mean 'home' in the way it does to the rootless, wandering Vaulters.

Hope that helps! And, as always, thanks for the interest.

-Slow

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 6, 2019, 5:06:42 PM
Slowhands wrote:

Okay, here we go with a few clarifications:

- Broken Lords, Roving Clans, and Ardent Mages have common ancestors, and should be considered part of the same branch of the larger taxonomy of the Endless Universe.

-  As @KnightofPhoenix said: "...It is possible that the Broken Lords and "humans" on Auriga are also some sort of Endless remnants / experiments / hybrids of some kind. ..."
      -  Sisters of Mercy are also part of that family tree, as are the Dorgeshi. The Delvers, logically, given their morphology and location, must be in there as well (though to be honest I never spent that much time on their backstory... My bad.).

- The Mezari are the root of all spacefaring humanoid races in the galaxy. I use "spacefaring" to distinguish them from those native to Auriga ( the BL / RC / AM / SoM / ETC. )

- The Vaulters are not 'native' to Auriga, and are part of the Mezari line (as you show).

- The Forgotten, having come from the Vaulters, are also (distant) descendants of the Mezari (idem).

- Factions that are offshoots of the UE such as the Pilgrims, Sheredyn, and Horatio are therefore all part of the Mezari family tree (again, as you show) and distinct from the Aurigan races.

- The Dust Collective would be post-Auriga, and while it is a gameplay faction it is not a species / race. For example, I would imagine there are a lot of Lumeris in there, probably a few Kalgeros, and I bet some Mavros for security... It really is more of a guild, corporation, or collective than a people or nation.

- To clarify the Mezan / Raian question: 

The ancestral origin of all spacefaring ES2 humanoid races is indeed Mezan. However, there were several major exoduses... exodusses... exodi... whatever. The Vaulters were part of an earlier one, and the UE part of a later one. The UE established "their" home on the planet they call Raia, so that is truly the origin of their faction. For the UE, Mezan is at best a vague and distant memory, and does not mean 'home' in the way it does to the rootless, wandering Vaulters.

Hope that helps! And, as always, thanks for the interest.

-Slow

That is amazing stuff, thank you for explaining everything (or what can be known so far).

Makes me think though, might just be more usage for planets like Auriga in the future, much like The Search for Auriga.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 7, 2019, 6:15:49 AM

Surely Wild Walkers are also in the same tree as other "human natives of Auriga".  Their sharing seems to be a primitive version of virtualization.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 7, 2019, 9:14:07 AM

Sorry for the interruption, but since we are talking serious lore here.

What's the relation between Husk of Knowledge and Temple of the Earth's Core? To my knowledge, former was present at the time of Dust Wars, but the latter was built during EL events, which excludes them from being one and the same building. But what bothers me, is that Husk of Knowledge is absent in EL. Kinda a big deal for a mega structure that can be seen from space.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 7, 2019, 11:58:17 AM
KnightofPhoenix wrote:

Surely Wild Walkers are also in the same tree as other "human natives of Auriga".  Their sharing seems to be a primitive version of virtualization.

There you go again, Knight, catching my errors.

Yes, the Wild Walkers do come from your hypothetical "...Endless remnants / experiments / hybrids..." However, they are on their own 'branch', while the Broken Lords, Roving Clans, and Ardent Mages are more closely related.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 8, 2019, 1:49:26 PM

The Ardent Mages being more distinct from the Mezari descendants would explain why they have such a strong affinity with dust. Their ability to "weave spells" and literally heal grievious wounds or summon pillars of flames all through the manipulation of dust could be the result of Endless bio-engineering. Now that I think about it, the Roving Clans and Broken Lords also have an affinity with dust, albeit in different ways.... Interesting. Only the Sisters of Mercy stand out, but I like to think they've interbred with Mezari stock.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 27, 2019, 8:50:58 PM

If I recall correctly, EL artbook says that Broken Lords before transformation were in fact devolved Concrete Endless. So "humans" on Auriga are probably a mix of devolved Concretes, Endless experiments and people who got there between Dust Wars and EL, probably mostly Mezar in origin.
That makes drawing an evolution chart... interesting, to say the least.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 28, 2019, 7:25:24 AM
Mithrill wrote:

If I recall correctly, EL artbook says that Broken Lords before transformation were in fact devolved Concrete Endless. So "humans" on Auriga are probably a mix of devolved Concretes, Endless experiments and people who got there between Dust Wars and EL, probably mostly Mezar in origin.
That makes drawing an evolution chart... interesting, to say the least.

Interesting, because I heard it was the Delvers that were actually that (until I made this post).

Well as we just learned they are in fact humanoid. Or were. Bother Delvers and Broken Lords.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message