Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Necrophage in ES2

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Feb 17, 2020, 6:52:10 PM

What about necrophage in ES2? Those are my ideas (for now) for the necrophage, feel free to add to it by writing comments.

(p.s : sorry if there is some gramatical errors, english is my second language)

Politic : industrialist / miltary

Closed mind: The Necrophage can't research eny technology, instead they steal them from the planets they conquer. The buildings that gives Science give them 75% of the science it produce in Industrial ressource and the buildings that gives Dust give them instead 25% of the value in Industrial ressource. The research tree is replace with a mutation system using industrial ressource and rare materials.

Invasion: The Necrophage don't own ships, instead they can invade ships that are dock in their planets and they can send Hives Pack into space. Those Hives Pack can create an Hive on a planet if the Hive Pack touch them. It work like drones. Those hive cost Man Power and Industrial ressource. The more you send on a planet the faster it will be to invade it.

It's all i have for now, this post was originaly for Idea panel but it's close atm

0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 17, 2020, 10:44:41 PM

Hi there 

replace Influence by Terror and add a weakness to science 

u should have smthing tough ?

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 3, 2020, 11:45:19 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

Interesting suggestion, but unfortunately we are not adding any more major factions to Endless Space 2.

Why? :(

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 20, 2020, 9:16:44 AM

We don't have any plans for more major additions to ES2 at the moment, and a major faction definitely falls in the category of major additions.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 20, 2020, 11:28:43 PM

At least you can meet Necrophages as minor faction in community members CaptainCobbs mod called Endless Legend Population (available in Steam workshop).

0Send private message
4 years ago
May 7, 2020, 1:15:38 AM

the reason behind the fact that they aren't making any new major faction is because of Humankind i think. Also thanks i didn't knew this mod

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 20, 2020, 7:12:39 PM

I hope for a curiosity on Auriga to spawn Necrophage exiled minor population - survivors from the hatchery. That would literally be the only way to get them. 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 20, 2020, 8:06:11 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

We don't have any plans for more major additions to ES2 at the moment, and a major faction definitely falls in the category of major additions.

Should we petition for more plants? :-D

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 26, 2020, 7:18:41 AM
Mykara are strictly speaking not really plants, but mushrooms if I m correct. :) We still got trees though.
0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Aug 19, 2020, 3:51:08 AM

I don't think what Danalieth suggest is possible with the modding system unless get really creative, but if you make something pretty similar to how they were in Endless Legend it's fairly possible. There'd be some jankery with the ships, faction leader, and heroes though.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Aug 19, 2020, 5:22:03 AM

I'd be more curious about the mykara ... but maybe you could find a modder to work with. I seem to remember myself and other fans of EL have theory crafted a few species over the years. I still like the idea of an Auriga faction ... basically a collective of all the races. Each time your population grows you could get a different population type. I think I suggested necrophages shouldn't be one of the rolls but now that I re-imagine it I don't see why it couldn't. I don't know if that conversation went anywhere though.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Aug 19, 2020, 5:24:44 AM

I can kind of see doing a customized version of the newest faction - but with an even stronger science penalty and no negotiation abilities, make the population unit cravers. I don't know if you could set the homeworld to Auriga without doing more modding though. But the fluff would be that they start out with a strong early advantage from consuming/enslaving all the intelligent life on Auriga and a few nearby systems but they are not a very stable space faring civilization and you'd have to work to rapidly win via expansion and conquest. 

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message