Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Rally Points?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 15, 2013, 2:39:59 PM
Ive been away now for 4 months and am wondering if rally points have been introduced or if there is a plan to introduce them - I didnt see any mention of them in the release notes when Virtual Awakening was released. Anyone able to provide any info?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 15, 2013, 4:00:26 PM
If you look in this thread there is a point about Rally Points. This is from the Expansion Overview thread, so they will be included in the expansion that will be released as DLC at some point in the future.

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13127-exp-overview

They don't seem to be exactly what I would like them to be but I'm sure with some persuasion some changes could be made to make them better.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 15, 2013, 7:20:20 PM
Rally points would be nice if the finished ship automatically came out of the hangar and proceeded to the rally point that the player designated.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 15, 2013, 7:40:31 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Rally points would be nice if the finished ship automatically came out of the hangar and proceeded to the rally point that the player designated.

... without getting itself clumsily annihilated on its way there of course smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 15, 2013, 7:47:34 PM
n18991c wrote:
... without getting itself clumsily annihilated on its way there of course smiley: biggrin

I meant in the sense that if you have numerous forge systems producing in your own territory you don't have to manually move them to a rally point. Of course, this would only really apply to a early/mid game strategy.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 15, 2013, 8:12:48 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
I meant in the sense that if you have numerous forge systems producing in your own territory you don't have to manually move them to a rally point. Of course, this would only really apply to a early/mid game strategy.

No worries, I understood and was just kidding smiley: smile

Rally points would be a good idea, especially if one could select where each shipyard system will send its completed vessels to, so that there could be assembly systems for specific ships (for those having different types of ships in operation to fight differently equipped enemies on different war fronts...)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 15, 2013, 10:20:38 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:

Agreed 100%. Ive brought up rally points many times over the last 9 months so I wont do it again.

If rally points are only included by purchasing the DLS, Im totally washing my hands with Endless Space and Amplitude. If its free, I might be willing to take another look at the game I quit. What really irks me is ignoring requests to make the UI, mechanics, and explanations/tooltips/alerts that would make the game infinitely more user friendly. I guess Ill check back in 4 months or then again maybe Ill have forgotten entirely by then . . .
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 16, 2013, 12:30:08 AM
eqronis wrote:
Agreed 100%. Ive brought up rally points many times over the last 9 months so I wont do it again.

If rally points are only included by purchasing the DLS, Im totally washing my hands with Endless Space and Amplitude. If its free, I might be willing to take another look at the game I quit. What really irks me is ignoring requests to make the UI, mechanics, and explanations/tooltips/alerts that would make the game infinitely more user friendly. I guess Ill check back in 4 months or then again maybe Ill have forgotten entirely by then . . .

Have a good hibernation lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 16, 2013, 12:55:30 AM
Well, it would be really nice if they put these in game. It would make ship movement a lot easier.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 16, 2013, 5:17:47 PM
eqronis wrote:

I suppose its because their team is smallish and is working on stuff right now and that there is a thread dedicated to stuff they are going to do in the future; like a checklist. Just because they don't reply or acknowledge the existence of your threads does not mean they didn't hear you - the devs could be watching us right now...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 16, 2013, 7:09:38 PM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:
I suppose its because their team is smallish and is working on stuff right now and that there is a thread dedicated to stuff they are going to do in the future; like a checklist. Just because they don't reply or acknowledge the existence of your threads does not mean they didn't hear you - the devs could be watching us right now...

/Shudders

I feel the eye of the Omnipresent Steph watching this thread...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 10:15:40 AM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:

Last time I checked, this was on our list, but then again, we have lots of other things to work on. smiley: smile So it might or might not make it, but at least now you know we're at least considering it.

Stealth_Hawk wrote:
/Shudders

I feel the eye of the Omnipresent Steph watching this thread...

Shhh!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 4:10:59 PM
Could we at least have the option to auto-launch ships on completion so they show up in the fleets with no orders que? It is a PIA to launch 5 ships out of 15 planets that completed production.

Pull up construction complete que

Open the planet the ship was one

close the planet screen

Go to the next planet with a completed ship

rinse, repeat

Either that or scroll through every system, which stinks when you have 30 or more toward late game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 11:14:32 PM
JE66 wrote:
Could we at least have the option to auto-launch ships on completion so they show up in the fleets with no orders que? It is a PIA to launch 5 ships out of 15 planets that completed production.

Pull up construction complete que

Open the planet the ship was one

close the planet screen

Go to the next planet with a completed ship

rinse, repeat

Either that or scroll through every system, which stinks when you have 30 or more toward late game.

100% agreement from me. The default would be as it is, but there should be at least a checkbox to turn on a sort of 'Auto-Launch'
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 3:53:16 AM
i think the only issue with rally points is going to have massive numbers of ships in individual fleets ~ they could easily be annihilated by a slightly stronger fleet with the right counters, and you could perhaps have hundreds of ships. same issue also with auto launch.

maybe they can add "build fleet" instead of just individual ships. then we can rally those fleets. it would make more sense anyway
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 22, 2013, 6:11:48 AM
SilverSliver wrote:

maybe they can add "build fleet" instead of just individual ships. then we can rally those fleets. it would make more sense anyway

Good thought. Imo should be "fleet presets/patterns" to save for future use, as I usually use unificated fleets for simillar tasks.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message