Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Empire Management view showing wrong population FIDS?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 17, 2013, 7:19:41 AM
Most of it is correct, but there a lot of mistakes. Example, the first planet has 3 pop and is producing 9 food as seen the planet view, however the empire management view says the planet is producing 0 food per pop:

And it's not just food:

0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 17, 2013, 11:44:48 AM
I've noticed this as well, the game also seems to attribute certain FIDS to population when in fact they're produced by improvements. Dust for instance, on several improvements, was attributed +1 from improvements and the remainder from population. The total bonus amount is always correct, however only +1 is correctly attributed as having come from improvements. I was using the amoeba affinity at the time i noticed it, have not checked since (this was about a week ago).

P.S.

This should probably get a move to tech support. smiley: wink

Pikou if you're out there, I'm not able to at the moment, but I'll try and get a save file for you that demonstrates this.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 17, 2013, 3:37:07 PM
Autocthon wrote:
Race? Other things in that system?
What? It's supposed to show the net total FIDS per population, taking everything such as race and other things in that system into account. If it didn't, it would be completely useless since you would never know if it's accurate or not.

LogicSequence wrote:
I've noticed this as well, the game also seems to attribute certain FIDS to population when in fact they're produced by improvements. Dust for instance, on several improvements, was attributed +1 from improvements and the remainder from population. The total bonus amount is always correct, however only +1 is correctly attributed as having come from improvements. I was using the amoeba affinity at the time i noticed it, have not checked since (this was about a week ago).

P.S.

Pikou if you're out there, I'm not able to at the moment, but I'll try and get a save file for you that demonstrates this.

I actually made a post about that too since I was confused, /#/endless-space/forum/34-faq/thread/14827-quick-question-about-planetary-exploitation

Someone posted an explanation:

Evil4Zerggin wrote:
The display is just strange; it shows the amount per population for each modifier and the "from population" makes up the rest of the total. In this case, you have +4 for Terran and +2 from the Exploitation per population for a total of 6 per population. Multiply by 4 population and you have 24 total; the difference of 18 is attributed "from population".

I agree, that should also be changed. The way it's distributed makes no sense.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 17, 2013, 5:25:44 PM
My question is because it may be speciific to certain traits or faction settings.

For instance, Adaptive Industrial Systems may cause weird reporting because it's a conversion effect. So empire view would report 0 on planet, but planet view may report what the planet is producing. Or it could be a problem with the way system-planet interactions are happning. Thus knowing more than "it's not working right" would be helpful to figure out WHAT is not working.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 17, 2013, 6:24:11 PM
Autocthon wrote:
My question is because it may be speciific to certain traits or faction settings.

For instance, Adaptive Industrial Systems may cause weird reporting because it's a conversion effect. So empire view would report 0 on planet, but planet view may report what the planet is producing. Or it could be a problem with the way system-planet interactions are happning. Thus knowing more than "it's not working right" would be helpful to figure out WHAT is not working.
Ah, I see. No, it's not just certain traits or faction settings. A lot of the unreported food for example is from planetary exploits. It's even missing base FIDS from just the planet type.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 13, 2014, 11:32:53 PM
Bump... still not fixed?

FIDS from population and infrastructure are still not shown in the empire management window.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 20, 2014, 5:03:30 PM
LogicSequence wrote:

P.S.

This, along with my original post, are still not fixed.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 20, 2014, 7:20:10 PM
You can read all about this in the very detailed manual. No, wait, that would be a 'non amplitude' game, apparently they can't be bothered to write complete manuals.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 20, 2014, 9:10:45 PM
Idaho wrote:
You can read all about this in the very detailed manual. No, wait, that would be a 'non amplitude' game, apparently they can't be bothered to write complete manuals.

No need to be mean there buddy
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 22, 2014, 8:58:22 AM
timed wrote:
Bump... still not fixed?

FIDS from population and infrastructure are still not shown in the empire management window.

you should actually post this in the tech support subform, not the general discussion one

/#/endless-space/forum/35-tech-support

I don't think amplitude employees even look through general discussion, but they do check the tech support one.

Also, you should include a save file.

Idaho wrote:

you don't need a manual, there is tooltips and in game tutorial
0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 23, 2019, 5:47:10 AM

LoL.

Dude, do yourself a favor, and buy ES2. At least bugs are "fresh" there, and unlike ES1, still have a probability to get fixed.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message