Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Endless Space Art, Screenshots and Videos

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2012, 12:56:47 PM
Nothing better to do right now so I thought I could collect in one place all the media released so far for our favorite game. I searched for the highest quality/resolution images but if you can find better or new ones please post them here. Sorry for posting them as links but the forum only allows 4 images/videos per post smiley: frown

*Click on the links below

Screenshots:

Galaxy

Galaxy

Planets

Planet View

Fleet

Battle1

Battle2

Battle long range

Battle

Tech Tree

Ship Customization

Military View

Hero View

Empire Management

Diplomacy View

Amoeba Battle Fleet

Hissho Fleet

Ships screenshots

United Empire:

Transport

Corvette

Destroyer

Cruiser

Battleship

Dreadnought

Sophon:

Transport

Corvette

Destroyer

Cruiser

Battleship

Dreadnought

Hissho:

Transport

Corvette

Destroyer

Cruiser

Battleship

Dreadnought

Cravers:

Transport

Raider

Marauder

Predator

Reaper

Annihilator

Horatio:

Transport

Corvette

Destroyer

Cruiser

Battleship

Dreadnought

Sowers:

Cruiser

Transport

Corvette

Destroyer

Battleship

Dreadnought

Pilgrims

Transport

Corvette

Destroyer

Cruiser

Battleship

Dreadnought

Artwork:

Pilgrims

Nomad City

Exploration

Moon Survey

Corporate Commander

Small Spaceship

Small Spaceship Alternative

Medium Spaceship

Medium Spaceship Alternative

Large Spaceship

Leader

Administrator Pilot

Commander Adventurer

Pilgrim - Corporate Commander

Sower

Admininstrator Adventurer

Administrator Commander

Administrator Corporate

Small Spaceship

Terraforming

Colonization

Amoeba

Leader

Adventurer

Commander

Corporate Pilot

Large Spaceship

Small Spaceship

Fleet

Takeoff

Cravers

Emperor of the Cravers

Craver 1

Craver 2

Craver 3

Craver 4

Craver Administrator

Ships

Cravers

Ship Concept

Ship Concept

Sophons

Sophon illustration

Fleet

Corporate-Commander

Administrator-Corporate

Administrator-Corporate 2

Leaders

Ship Concept

Administrator Corporate 3

Administrator Corporate 4

Hissho

Administrator Adventurer

Commander Pilot

Coporate Pilot

Corporate Adventurer

Large spaceship

Medium spaceship

Leader

Pursuit

Coronation

War Ritual

United Empire

UE Skins

UE Ships

United Empire

Ship Concept

Ship Concept

UE Commander Adventurer

UE Commander Pilot

UE Corporate Adventurer

UE Corporate Pilot

Sheredyn

Sheredyn Leader *New
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2012, 1:04:55 PM
Horatio

Vaulters

Videos:

Endless Space - GAMES2GETHER Trailer

Endless Space - Alpha Trailer

Endless Space - Expand the Dev Team

Exploit the Endless Space video

Endless Space - Exterminate all Resistance
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2012, 2:40:48 PM
Another brilliant idea!

And if they do throw us a chicken, can I have on of the legs?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2012, 3:53:59 PM
Check this one out, it's not a screenshot but a still from the trailer. This additional info about the systems obviously becomes visible when you zoom in on the galaxy map. Analyzing the image there seems to be 4 groups of info/symbology:

1. Planet-like symbols on the right side of the system name. I guess the white/gray planets show the number of inhabitable planets in the system, while the blue ones show habitable ones.

2. White symbols, like the "torii" one (Japanese shinto shrine gate), a flower, a mushroom, a big drop of some fluid, and several more that I cannot determine the appearance of.

3. Square-like yellow symbols with letters in them (ic, jc, hg, ps, vs, f4, jo...).

4. Small purple symbols, one that looks like a flame, another one looks like the radioactivity sign.

Let the speculations begin! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2012, 9:57:37 PM
Links are fine over here. Great work Raptor, some screenshots in there I haven't seen before.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2012, 10:24:11 PM
Alderbranch wrote:
The links are dead to me. I get 502s...

hmm that's strange, the images are hosted at imgur.com is there any possibility that you have this site blocked for some reason? Or maybe some browser setting is messing things up?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2012, 4:48:47 AM
Raptor wrote:
hmm that's strange, the images are hosted at imgur.com is there any possibility that you have this site blocked for some reason? Or maybe some browser setting is messing things up?

Nah, its none of those. 502 in general when browsing would have meant ISP/FW-trouble on my part (with likely Hardware-failure somewhere along the line).

In this case I think they were having a backend-overload issue (at imgur that is) and thats why I got 502s for their site only.

Its working now btw. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2012, 8:39:47 AM
So no ideas on the symbols in the image on page 1? Let me throw in some guesses then, the "torii" indicates Endless Concrete faction artifacts, and at first I thought the yellow symbols showed Strategic resources but it seems the letters do not correspond to the resources so it must be something else. I have no idea what the purple ones are although a wild guess would be that not the yellow but the purple ones are indeed Strategic resources. The other white symbols might indicate the presence of Luxury items.

BTW I was looking for any indication of racial symbols but either the devs carefully hid those smiley: wink or the belonging of the systems to this or that race is shown only through the color of the systems (green, blue, red, etc.).

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure now the white symbols indicate Luxury resources. Looking at their list and at the symbols some of them seem to correspond.

It seems the yellow ones remain the biggest mystery, those letters and a number ("F4") I don't associate with anything I've read so far.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2012, 10:36:02 AM
Hg reminds me the symbol of mercury in the classification of the chemical elements but the others make no sense so that should be wrong.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 5, 2012, 7:08:00 PM
Another thing that I noticed by watching the trailer frame by frame for 20th-30th time smiley: biggrin, at 1:30 you can see 3 ships (fleets?) traveling at the same time between star systems, the obvious one starting from Libra and going probably to Niar without using the so called "strings" between the star systems. I think this is what Slowhands was talking about in the FAQ thread:

Slowhands wrote:
There will be a tech advance permitting direct travel between stars without the use of the string induction drive (those things are cosmic strings that connect the stars...).

Two more ships can be seen, one passing by Ranas on its way to Cetus again without using the string induction drive, and the third ship goes from Naos to Jeia, using the string between these two star systems. Watching videos frame by frame, my new hobby smiley: biggrin

Edit: This seems to be the auto-movement feature at the end of every turn, when ships spend their remaining movement points.

Edit2: Back to the Galaxy map, I'm sure now the purple icons show Strategic Resources, no doubt about that anymore, the purple flame symbol is Hyperium. So this leaves the numbers to the left of the system name and the yellow square symbols (which I'm starting to think might show anomalies) as the last unknown on the Galaxy map.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 17, 2012, 9:18:08 AM
I'm pretty new so I don't quite yet know a lot of what's planned nor the mechanics, but here's my two cents.

The numbers to the left of system names are only on the red systems, so I'm thinking that perhaps the player is red and that the number varies. According to what, I don't know. I'd like to say facilities but two systems on the far-right have 30+, and that's a pretty significant concentration so maybe not. It could also represent military build-up (overall, not indicative of unit count) in player-owned systems, with the two on the far-right being where the player has built up their last lines of defence against being totally overrun? Or something indicative of progress in that system.

As for the yellow square I too thought perhaps periodic elements, since the others don't match I'm currently fresh out of ideas. I'm trying to think of what they could possibly stand for. Then again, maybe they're to tease us, and they're not actually indicative of anything and will be removed, smiley: wink?

Also, forgive this observation if it's been explained, but I think perhaps the small circles on the right of the system name represent the planets in the system, with shaded ones being an indicator that the x planet in that system is occupied? I'm still examining the forums so I apologise if this has been debunked or explained, I'll find it shortly, I imagine (or if someone could throw me a link, it'd be appreciated).

Incredibly looking forward to this game. Let the debunking continue, smiley: biggrin!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 17, 2012, 9:41:50 AM
I've watched the trailer dozens of times frame by frame and managed to learn a lot from it but the numbers and the yellow squares are still a big mystery to me smiley: smile But you are right about the red star systems being in possession of the player, another indication to that are the 3 ships traveling between systems in auto-movement, they are glowing in red indicating the player color.
0Send private message
Comment
0Send private message