Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Hiding from inspection?

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
May 9, 2016, 8:05:12 PM
So I've just realized that the Factory Missions improvement for the Pilgrims has an ability: 'Grants ability to hide from opponent inspection.'
What exactly is that?

My assumption was that it made new colonies appear neutral to other empires. But to test it - I added the improvement to the starting system as soon as the game starts (editing the 'ColonizeHomeSystemVaulters' thingo to instead make that improvement.) which added the improvement. So I switched to Amoeba and had the AI play the modified faction. Although as the Amoeba, I could see them.
That seems to tell me that Factory Missions doesn't do what I expected.

So, what is 'Inspection' and what does 'hiding' from it do?

I was initially planning to use it for a custom pirate faction (playable ABC), having a hidden home-system (pirate base) would be pretty cool, I thought.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 10, 2016, 12:49:00 PM
Ah, awesome - thank you Frogsquadron! Might just make a color identical to the neutral systems to hide the system from prying eyes.

(Also, so happy I found the 'AffinityMappingPirates' - love the Pirateship designs!)

Edit: heheh... Creates a serious error when you spawn with it as Automatons, probably only works with Pilgrims :P
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 10, 2016, 12:54:58 PM
I should have known from your avatar that you would be into pirates... :)
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 10, 2016, 1:00:21 PM
Ehehe, yeah - I tend to let them invade one of my systems, just to have a pirate base. I may have a slightly unhealthy obsession with them... :p
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message