Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Huge galaxy subdued — some remarks and bugs

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
May 19, 2016, 6:52:07 AM
1. It would be fine to have an optional checkbox "unique races" for random galaxy generator. It’s very frustrating when I’ve created a galaxy for 8 random races and there are 3 horatio, 2 hissho, 2 united empires and 1 amoeba. Such setups with dupes are not rare!

2. Some hero abilities are very powerful. For example, with "Harvester" I've received about 2k dust after destroying two enemy fleets while my empire was able to generate only 248 dust per turn (pure, before expenses) without great debuff of approval. Sometimes space battles generated dust even if there wasn't any hero in my fleet (it was "Saboteur" ability effect maybe? or bug?).

3. It’s possible to upgrade a ship in two places on the Fleet Management Screen — there are two buttons in the mid and bottom rows. Two times I’ve faced with bug that upper button performs upgrade for free while bottom one charges the price correctly. I’ve savegame near one of these points so if necessary I can try to find proper sequence and describe it as bugreport, if it’s necessary.

4. AI empires acts very stupid sometimes. I’ve savegame where my empire in alliance with AI one. It keeps SEVEN fleets on orbits of my systems (I don’t know for what purpose, there are no any enemies nearby) — 5 combat and 2 siege fleets with total power about 7800 combat and 12k siege. Simultaneously, there are a lot of enemies inside his borders — 2 systems under siege and combat fleet with power 3700. Our borders are open and there are no any obstacles on the routes. But AI doesn’t react on this situation and don't care about his systems for more than 10 turns.

5. My fleet was under attack of few enemy fleets simultaneously. We had severe losses in the first battle, only 4 ships survived. In second battle I’ve chosen "aggressive retreat" option, although it was 1 ship in the enemy fleet (next fleet would be more powerful). My single salvo destroyed this enemy ship, while he didn’t hit us, so there was video how we leave a system ("draw" result). Nevertheless, after returning to the galaxy map, I’ve received message that retreat failed and my fleet was destroyed. What the heck!? How it’s possible? Who destroyed them?

6. I’ve captured a system from Automatons Empire. Then I was able to build Hydrosequencing on the planets while there are their faction copies of this improvement built already. Moreover, both improvements will give bonuses to FIDS. Also I can build Advanced Optics Labs of my Sophon Affinity while Optics Research Labs built there already. They will also work at the same time.

7. When I receive few planets with Peace Treaty, they will have "Ecstatic" approval and it doesn’t change even if I’ll try to change taxes. But next turn it will fall to "Strike" state because I haven’t any influence there still. I think the approval must be low just when they were added to my empire.

P.S. It’s not negative feedback (I love this game), but just some notes (I’m programmer myself, so I pay attention on nuances which I treat as wrong mechanics). :)
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 19, 2016, 4:49:26 PM
1. Agree. Lack of this option is puzzling. You can, of course, manually select your opponents but having a unique races checkbox would be way cooler and easier.

5. When you retreat, you need to have a system to retreat to or your ship(s) will be destroyed.

Here's a glitch I've noticed and a workaround:

8. If you capture a system, it will treat the system like it's still blockaded. To fix this, simply unblockade and then re-blockade the system with your fleets. Otherwise, you won't be able to queue up certain improvements.
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 20, 2016, 1:11:53 PM
This is very valid feedback, however development has ceased a while ago on Endless Space, the team moving on to focus on Endless Legend then Endless Space 2.

I'm happy to say that non-duplicate factions from your item #1 are going to be included in Endless Space 2. We're pretty excited.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message