Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

ES or ES2 first for EL gamer

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Feb 6, 2019, 2:48:09 PM

Hi all! I love to play Endless Legend and now I wanna try Endless Space. So, my question is: Should I start from Endless Space 1 or I can start from Endless Space 2. Is theese games different or ES2 is like ES1 with additional mechanics?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 6, 2019, 2:55:19 PM

Hi. If you only have time to play one, play Endless Space 2. I started on ES 2 and struggled to start playing ES 1 to me it felt like a massive downgrade. ES 2 is like most 4x games it gets better with the expansions so I suggest you get them . I would suggest you start playing with just the base game and start enabling expansions as you start to get bored with the old content.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 6, 2019, 4:16:21 PM

Thanks for your answer! Anyway, I just decided to try to ES, at least for one game and then go to ES2 :)

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 6, 2019, 5:21:48 PM
Wuick wrote:

Thanks for your answer! Anyway, I just decided to try to ES, at least for one game and then go to ES2 :)

ES 1 has some nice thing like some of the factions seem pretty cool, I really like the system view and the way they did endless and natural artifacts. I just struggle with the outdated UI.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 6, 2019, 7:05:29 PM

You made a good choice. ES1 is a different thing from EL, while ES2 is closer to ES1 it has some elements fron EL, like the way resources work.

If you want to get max fun from ES2 I recommend playing first ES1 and EL.

Plus ES1 is for free...

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 6, 2019, 8:02:35 PM

When I first started a little before Es2 first expansion, I started with El because of the immediate similarities with that other 4x a lot of us know and love. But not long after I fell in love with ES2, it just felt more polished. 

Bought the whole collection at the time, but gotta say I felt very overwhelmed for whatever reason and decided to try ES1. 

I have a few hundred hours across the 4 games now (played a bunch of Dungeon aswell) but at the time, ES1 became my go to chill game, specially with the Hisho. 

I felt absolutely in love  with both then and the vaulters and got extremely happy when Supremacy and Vaulters were announced as expansions. 

All in all ES1 is very different but was a good training for ES2, and now it's free, so I urge you to at least try it. 

My fav race is The UE nowadays, in both games, mainly because of versatility, but both games are amazing and full of surprises and it shows as long as you can use some imagination and get past the lack of graphics on ES1. Have fun!

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 7, 2019, 11:41:27 AM

Thanks you all for answers! I started ES1 yesterday and it's little confuse me with interface after EL, but gameplay is very addictive. The top difficult of yesterday was to find technology allow to move through wormholes :))

0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 7, 2023, 7:36:46 AM
monopoly online wrote:

You made a good choice. ES1 is a different thing from EL, while ES2 is closer to ES1 it has some elements fron EL, like the way resources work.

If you want to get max fun from ES2 I recommend playing first ES1 and EL.

Plus ES1 is for free...

Now I know ES1 is free, I've been playing for many years and only now do I realize 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message