Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

How big and epic are the battles in this game and its ships?

Copied to clipboard!
7 months ago
Oct 11, 2023, 10:58:18 PM

How big and epic are the battles in this game and its ships?

It's a doubt that always assails me when I play, I know it's more out of curiosity but I would like to know what you guys think or think.

We know that the game and the wars are practically of epic proportions, but I did some calculations and to subdue a solar system you would have to house between 80 to 100 million soldiers in your ships to transport them, while the maximum of a fleet is 34 points. of command or more and you generally transport between 3k to 8k soldiers in the fleet, which would be equivalent to 30 million and 80 million specifically, so how big are these ships?

A small ship would have between 40 and 100 manpower, that would mean that it transports between 40,000 and 100,000 soldiers. The smallest ship in the game, this ship would have to be the size of a small city.

But what about other ships? The largest ships would be the size of several large cities to transport 1 million or more soldiers.

And the other thing, wars would be genocidal, we are practically talking about an invasion of a solar system, ships and many soldiers would really be needed.

Now more than anything I would be interested in knowing the proportions of the ships just out of curiosity or what do you think, do you think it is possible to take a solar system with human calculations?

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 23, 2023, 3:35:48 AM

I'd say they are not as epic as you think because subduing a solar system means just capturing cities on the planets, maybe even just a single capital city or "country" on the planet. The warfare is mostly about technology and weaponry on ships and defences, not actual soldiers running battles on the ground, that is probably just a small part of the invasion.

In original Endless Space tech tree there are variouns improvements to invasion and defences, and the "epic" scale tech is always about big technology, not millions of troops. In Endless Space 2 I remember ground battles are showcased better but I haven't played in a while.

As for the ships, again, it's all about power of physics and technology. What's the point to feed or potentially risk life of millions of Hissho warrios if ships are destroyed left and right? To me it makes sense to have only a 100+ trained soldiers and/or engineers on a standard low hull ship.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message