Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Renaming systems?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 7:20:48 PM
Yes. Go into the system menu, and in the upper left should be the system's name. Simply click in the text box, delete what's there, and input what you want.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 7:23:27 PM
As FinalStrigon already said. Just another hint: galaxy names (as also ship templates names) are unique. You can't rename a system, if this name's already taken (regardless who holds the system).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 7:25:45 PM
Ok, thx!

So I'll check out wether "Tannhauser Gate" is already in use. ;-)

*grmbl*

Ok, text is too long. Well, "Tannhauser" is ok for me. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 1:22:08 AM
I like to rename my homeplanet "Origin" and I've seen some players name their planets after US states.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 11:27:01 AM
Yonos wrote:
I've seen some players name their planets after US states.

Well, why not? "Great Britain" sounds good, even for a star system. :-)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 9:15:48 PM
I usually rename my planets either strange names to show their order of colonising such as secundus, terranuous, quariel, quintel etc.

Or I name them to do with their job such as indus (industry), shiput (ship yard), resert (research), populous (population centre)

Or I name only the important ones to suit their importance such as megacity (main system), secondial (second main system), etc.

This way I know just from the names what those planets' main jobs are in my games as its so easy to forget.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 9:41:23 PM
nats wrote:
I usually rename my planets either strange names to show their order of colonising such as secundus, terranuous, quariel, quintel etc.

Or I name them to do with their job such as indus (industry), shiput (ship yard), resert (research), populous (population centre)

Or I name only the important ones to suit their importance such as megacity (main system), secondial (second main system), etc.

This way I know just from the names what those planets' main jobs are in my games as its so easy to forget.

Easy to recognize at last.

I name my systems mostly after various discoverers and sailors, e.g. Magellan, Vespucci, Humboldt etc. Ship classes are also mostly named after my own systems, but depending on played faction also after various buzzwords (e.g. "Faith", "Devotion" as pilgrims or "Glory", "Retribution" etc. as United Empire)
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 9:49:46 PM
fhlvrzgshckkscg wrote:
Concerning names, especially for ships, I love the unconventional ideas from Iain M. Banks:

Space Empires 4 had a great thing in the game for naming ships. You could mod in a name file that included loads of lists based on things such as Star Wars (Millenium, Devastator), and loads of other films, books, etc. And some were just neat naming themes such as Russian cities (Stalingrad, Moscow, Leningrad), warplanes (Tempest, Typhoon), or ww2 ships (Hood, Ark Royal). And then all you did was choose which theme to use for your race and the game automatically assigned a random name from the list to every new ship you made. That was brilliant!
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 1, 2022, 3:01:57 PM

Anyone happen to know what file hosts the random system names the game uses? I would like to edit the list to add more names for when I play games with extra large galaxies.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message