Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Invasion + ship building

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 11:37:25 AM
When you invade a planet the enemies shouldent be able to build/buy units while under siege. I had a full fleet + hero invading. The next turn, ai builds a full stack with double military power and destroys my fleet. I play on easy difficulty and im getting irritated by this lol. I want to like this game. But it constantly punches you in the stomach.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 11:39:07 AM
That's just how it is - ships are built on the surface, not in space. The game doesn't do "bombardment" so you might as well get used to this risk.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 11:40:53 AM
When your in orbit, enemy worlds are blockaded preventing their access to strategic resources for better ships.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 11:55:13 AM
also they might have been inside the hangar waiting for the right time :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:25:51 PM
Cmon... If you invade a planet, wouldent you target their ability to build spaceships be the first priority?. Dosent make sense in real life or in the game. Give the player some options here. Like in galciv 2 were you could attack in different forms. Maybe target said factory(s) Hangars whatever it is. Rather then let the ai get away with cheap game mechanics.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 1:02:46 PM
Mcragge wrote:
Cmon... If you invade a planet, wouldent you target their ability to build spaceships be the first priority?. Dosent make sense in real life or in the game. Give the player some options here. Like in galciv 2 were you could attack in different forms. Maybe target said factory(s) Hangars whatever it is. Rather then let the ai get away with cheap game mechanics.

I'd imagine making sure they don't shoot back would be your first priority in fact - you're too busy bombarding defensive positions to focus on factories (which don't even need to be big - you need an empty field, done)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 1:18:23 PM
Spaceship on an empty field? We are not even able to build a Car on an emtpy field in decent speed.^^

And in fact military factories are the #2 Target and are imidiatly attacked after you destroyed the defense posiitons in that perimeter.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 2:15:47 PM
FieserMoep wrote:
Spaceship on an empty field? We are not even able to build a Car on an emtpy field in decent speed.^^

See the title image
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 2:20:51 PM
Still, someone would notice that big ass battleship being built. Not one either but five. Given the scale of these ships. You could probably see them fairly easy from space. Its not like they toss a camo net over the thing and be undetected by the invader.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 2:25:24 PM
Mcragge wrote:
Still, someone would notice that big ass battleship being built. Not one either but five. Given the scale of these ships. You could probably see them fairly easy from space. Its not like they toss a camo net over the thing and be undetected by the invader.

I think you underestimate the distance required to stay at a safe distance from a planet given that attackers suffer no damage whatsoever from their invasion.

But these are all explanation theories - the base of the matter is that ships can be built while being blockaded/invaded. The planets lose their ability to import strategic resources however.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message