Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Has anyone actually bothered with trade routes?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 2:32:20 PM
Etzlo wrote:
can some one pls tell me how to create a trade route? me and my friend can´t figure it out

your home system has a 2 trade routes cap standard, these will be used when you make peace with a faction or if you meet the pilgrims (the trade even at war).

you can improve the cap by technologies and heroes, as stars2heaven said. other systems have a 0 trade routs cap to start with.

trade routs generate automatically, you can't choose them; the only thing you can choose it the cap.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 10:09:09 AM
Oh well, guess this means that I have to find at least one trading partner in a game. They tend to not to be friendly if you war with any other AI. So that leaves me stuck at times.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 1:01:20 PM
So, if i have a system with 0 traderoutes, then the +1 trade route buildings dont give me 1 traderoute, correct?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 1:47:54 PM
Trade is far far too exploitable.

I set up routes after buying off empires with tech to where they pay me ludicrous amounts for token amounts of special resources, even obsolete ones. Does the AI ever go back and revisit these?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 2:01:56 PM
Mendark wrote:
So, if i have a system with 0 traderoutes, then the +1 trade route buildings dont give me 1 traderoute, correct?

No the plus 1 route building will create your first route.

Also in regards to the faq and saying that the target of your trade has to have available routes too, i think this is incorrect, i'd have to check it to be sure though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 2:12:40 PM
NewHorizon wrote:

Also in regards to the faq and saying that the target of your trade has to have available routes too, i think this is incorrect, i'd have to check it to be sure though.

I think this is realy a relevant info. If you happen to have time and opportunity to test this I thank you very much in advance.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 2:27:15 PM
NewHorizon wrote:
No the plus 1 route building will create your first route.

FYI you're both saying the same thing - a 0/0 system becomes a 0/1 system with one of the +1 possible trade routes improvements. It does not guarantee that you'll actually get a trade route there however.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 3:01:55 PM
The trade routes are sooooooooooo OP. I tried to build a Ferengi like Race with focus on trading. I can buy everything on planets imediately and with the research points because of the trade routes (+2 race stat per system +every bonus) i outscience every other race without even bothering with it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 3:18:21 PM
Mansen wrote:
FYI you're both saying the same thing - a 0/0 system becomes a 0/1 system with one of the +1 possible trade routes improvements. It does not guarantee that you'll actually get a trade route there however.

lol i misread what he said, guess my answer wasnt so great lol.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 1:02:06 PM
can some one pls tell me how to create a trade route? me and my friend can´t figure it out
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 2:26:45 PM
Etzlo wrote:

You need either a hero that has bonus to trade routes or you need the tech that adds them. After that, I'm not entirely sure of all the factors that go into play in establishing them, but being at peace with someone should help.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 10:00:32 AM
amazingPhil wrote:
Trade lanes are just in one direction. Therefor capacity in the target system is not required.

oh look what I found in the FAQ smiley: biggrin

Question: How do I create trade routes?

Answer: Trade works like this: If at least one of your systems has available routes, and another empire you are at peace with has available trade routes, you will automatically trade with them. You don't need a string of trade buildings between systems to set up a route. As long as you have a system with an available route and the empire you are at peace with has an available route, you will trade.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 2:36:07 PM
stars2heaven wrote:
You need either a hero that has bonus to trade routes or you need the tech that adds them. After that, I'm not entirely sure of all the factors that go into play in establishing them, but being at peace with someone should help.

Barring racial picks and corporate heroes, you start with 2 trade route slots at your capital, none anywhere else. There are techs available on the left-hand tree that allow trade buildings. These can add trade routes, improve trade routes, or both. Building a +trade route building in a system will increase available trade routes in that system by the specified amount - it's the only way to get routes started in non-capital systems (again, barring racial picks and corporate heroes). Thre is a racial ability that can give you up to two free trade routes per system, and corporate heroes can both add 3 additional trade routes to the system they're in and nearly QUADRUPLE that system's trade route revenue.

Your empire can have one trade route open with each other system controlled by your opponents, but there are requirements:

• You must be at Peace or Allied.
  • You must have scouted the system, so that the system name and ownership shows on the map.

There is a racial tech that allows trading while at Cold War or War status, and both racial abilities and buildings that allow blockaded worlds to continue trading.

I *THINK* trade route values are based on population somehow, but I've not sat down to work it, as my statistics-fu is pretty weak.

An Amoeba-based custom race with the blockade runners pick, extra trade routes, and the ability to trade while at cold war and war will have utterly mind-boggling income as soon as it starts contacting other races.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 7:37:55 PM
Well today I attempted a trade route game: easy, normal size, 4 races... Well turns out that 2 of those races were of the eternal warfare kind. Now I'm fighting which sucks. I probably will cancel that game, even though I'm a bit ahead and the trade routes are starting to kick in nicely.

But constantly fighting is a chore for me...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 7:51:55 PM
Rikkles wrote:
Well today I attempted a trade route game: easy, normal size, 4 races... Well turns out that 2 of those races were of the eternal warfare kind. Now I'm fighting which sucks. I probably will cancel that game, even though I'm a bit ahead and the trade routes are starting to kick in nicely.

Try manually selecting your opponents rather than going with random. You can avoid the Cravers entirely that way.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 15, 2012, 6:17:14 AM
Rikkles wrote:

Meeerchaant briiing mee cheeeze; alssso youur all tasssty wiif baarbequee saaauce lol
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message