Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Abolish cp cost difference for ship types

Agree
Disagree
Agree with changes
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 1:13:42 PM
I believe I have seen one other post with a version of this idea but I could not find it quickly so here it goes!

Many people are complaining because in the current combat system a fleet of destroyers can usually beat a fleet of larger ships, which should not be the case. To fix this problem I suggest that every class of ship only cost 1 command point, so that destroyers do not always outnumber capital ships in a battle. If someone still wants to use fleets of destroyers, they can just have several fleets of them and spam attack the same enemy fleet over and over again.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 1:59:17 PM
After having played a bit with the game it appears a solution is in the game as it is, it just needs to be expanded on.

Specifically each hull type gets a particular build bonus. I would suggest that each larger hull gets the lower hull build bonuses and a new one excluding colonizer and invasion mods. Also some mods need to percentage of weight based instead of a flat rate.

So...

Corvettes - get support modules at 20% off.

Destroyers - weapons 20% off

Cruisers - Weapons + support 20%

Battleships - Weapons + Defenses at 20% off

Dreadnaught - Weapons + Defenses + selected support modules 20% off (like armor?) and free tonnage module.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 2:16:28 PM
Shivetya wrote:
and free tonnage module.

You realize, of course, that that is done by simply increasing the base tonnage, yes?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 2:38:54 PM
You abolish the importance of multi-CP advanced ship designs, you complicate things by removing the importance of the relevant tech on the left hand tech tree, and expose another problem where players may then rush the dreadnought on the bottom tech tree without consequence. I agree there is an issue with glass cannons in the late-game, but this just overcomplicates it further.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 3:02:35 PM
Just to point out, as far as I've seen, the Destroyer-spam has been used to great effect against the AI. The same AI that is extremely easy to beat anyway. I've only seen the spam once in a multiplayer game, and my Dreadnough fleet laughed itself silly as it slapped those tiny things out existence. And if every ship cost 1 CP, well...Then you just go from Destroyer spam to Dreadnought spam, in my opinion. You get all weapons, and the higher base armor/health of the Dreads.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 3:56:32 PM
I have to agree with the other's. Changing all ships to 1CP just changes it from a destroyer-spam build, to Dreadnought-spam build.

While you might get to build multiple Destroyers for the same CP cost of a Dread, the Dreadnought has far more tonnage available to it, and as long as you fit it right, it should still be better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 5:09:09 PM
Well, I'd rather increase the CP limit in general. As I know that I would spam Dreadnoughts if everything would cost only 1 CP.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 5:18:11 PM
The destroyer spam worked well in last nights 200+ turn game BUT, i found that the second combat ship with 200tonnes and 2cp carried maybe approximately the same fire power of 2 1cp destroyers it had tonnage left for better defenses so you get a ship that has twice the hp twice the fire power but more defenses and that alone makes it worth it, I admit the a.i. did not know what to do against my hundred laser destroyers of 1cp each but i reckon a player would mince them to pieces.

The a.i. was on normal and we had 3 players going against 2 craver normal a.i. and it was NOT easy at all we almost lost until we made a three pronged attack simultaneously on the cravers and STILL it defended itself well with a S***load of ships.

It looks like the more advanced players are able to defeat the hardest a.i. with no effort i can tell you all this is not the case for newer players, still a better smarter a.i. is always good right?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 7:39:52 PM
Moved to the right section, please post suggestions only in the proposals section.

Also edited the title. What you suggest is basically abolishing the cp per ship type mechanic.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message