Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Some mechanics worry me.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 5, 2013, 4:57:59 AM
Just started playing alittle endless space with the new expansion again and I must say I have some worries about the new mechanics.

The invasion of planets for instance. Before it took me 50 turns to beat an enemy, now I can do it in 10 with this new invasion feature. It dosnt seem like it leaves any room for your opponent to react to your invasion and you can almost cripple him by taking key planets from him by pushin 1 button.

Fighters and bombers seems like a bad choice because of how much room they take up compared to what they give you. ( They look shiny though )

This isnt really a mechanic but the new race just dosnt seem to make it in any games. All the games I have played the harmony race is almost always the first to go. I understand that they are suppose to be weak early game and then have infinite fleets at the end. But missing a hero is seriously debilitating.

Please correct me if im wrong, I would love to hear other peoples perspective on this matter.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 5, 2013, 6:04:36 AM
Well thats why having a standing army and lots of guarding fleets essential now. I used to not have any fleets around and rather react to attacks but with the AI going for key systems I was crippled a few times early on without any option of recovery. Learned my lesson then.

I kinda agree on the Harmony, by the time they "could" play out their advantage to the fullest they are usually gone. I took the effort to "protect" a Harmony AI behind one of my empires and nursed it through the midgame, became a real fierce opponent when only the 2 of us were left.

I used to use fighters and bombers because I liked them but performance-wise they are falling behind regular weapon modules and troops. Some fixes will be applied in the near future tho.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message