Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Nano-Repair Systems spam

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Aug 25, 2015, 2:16:16 PM
I play ES with 7 frinds and we all notice this fact: a ship with high defense value and lot of HP can regenerate very fast with a Nano-Repair Systems spam (the repair value is in %)

To counter an ingineering action, you must play a Tactic action, so you can Retreat, do an Offensive Retreat or do an Adaptive Strategy (the only choice) and get -30% to your best defense.

The last action doesn't really count because you need a pilot hero and all player cannot have this kind of hero...

As I see this, you have to deal with this malus or your oponent will regenerate his fleet...

Can someone help me on this one,

maybe there is something I forget or I don't know...

This defensive strategy seems to be too strong,

how can we break it?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 26, 2015, 12:32:25 AM
Adaptive Strategy (The raised fist card) doesnt require a pilot Hero to be used.

Just choose this card on the phases you think your enemy will choose to pick the Nano-Repair Systems.

Use it in combination with ships which are a) tanky enough to survive even with -30% defenses) or b) With cheap glass cannons which are more or less kamikaze ships anyways.

Also if you succesfully block your enemy cards the Adaptive Strategy Card will give your fleed no malus at all but only strengthen them even more. A card wich blocks an enemy card gets an big yellow + and in that case no card will apply its maluses but instead gives even stronger bonuses.

I hope I was able to help you.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 26, 2015, 8:45:35 AM
Sovereign wrote:
Adaptive Strategy (The raised fist card) doesnt require a pilot Hero to be used.

I thought about the Power Convergence card.

Sovereign wrote:
Just choose this card on the phases you think your enemy will choose to pick the Nano-Repair Systems.

Use it in combination with ships which are a) tanky enough to survive even with -30% defenses) or b) With cheap glass cannons which are more or less kamikaze ships anyways.

Also if you succesfully block your enemy cards the Adaptive Strategy Card will give your fleed no malus at all but only strengthen them even more. A card wich blocks and enemy card gets an big yellow + and in that case no card will apply its maluses but instead gives even stronger bonuses.

I hope I was able to help you.

Thanks, that will not be easy.

Actually, this is my current strategy and in a long run, I don’t know if I can forbid his repair.

This ships have very high HP value, so if only one repair is done, it’s a lot of HP restored.

If the ennemi has a technologic adventage, it’s almost impossible to deal with that kind of ship, isn’t it ?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 26, 2015, 10:24:36 AM
If his technologic adventage his realy far ahead and his race maybe even got the "Strong Alloys" Trait then yes those ships are pretty hard to kill (in normal Endless Space without Disharmony they were imo even overpowered)

Saying that if he has the science advantage you should have the economic advantage...if your opponent has both of those things...well then there are very little chances to win...only extrem techtrading and ganging up with allies is maybe a rescue ring.

In Disharmony you can still try to use bombers to circumvent his defenses.

It takes players some time to react to the use of bombers and in that time you should be able to kill his not adapted fleets. If he wants tou counter your bomber fleets he has to use fighters and or point defense modules which will cost him tonnage points (henceforth he has to weaken his ship in other categories may it be weapons,defenses or HP). And if you also put some fighters in your fleet there is a pretty good chance that still enough bombers are able to slip through his lines.

The use of bombers is often a element of surprise and if the other player doesnt look carefully on the battle report after an automatically calculated battle he doesnt even recognize for a considerable amount of time that it are bombers who are killing his ships.

He wont be able to adapt to that instantly. (cough execpt he plays Sheredyn who can upgrade all his fleets on the field at once only strategy then is to play also Sheredyn,UE or Cravers (Vaulters and Sowers might also work, Hissho too but its riksy as without troop invasion you cant establish an ongoing economical Bushido bonus early game) and rush and crush him before he researches the brokenly overpowered Invasive Infrastructures technology)

Rushing is overall a good strategy against players who are using ships which require a good amount of technologys to become real powerfull (as high Hull Points ships)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message