Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Is the technology trade fair?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 1:32:17 PM
In an older version of my Diplomacy-Mod I once had it modded so that the deals were totally fair. I don't really remember what exactly I did to achieve it.

Attitude plays a role, Military doesn't. There's also some other modifieres called something with offset. When I set them to zero the trades became fair.

Then the game became too easy and I decided to remove tech-trading alltogether.

There might be some upload of the version with the fair-trades somewhere still sitting in the thread in the modding-forums.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 7, 2013, 10:14:48 PM
The_Quasar wrote:
I'd call that an exploit...

Business - brutal business. But still business lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 7, 2013, 9:06:35 PM
FreedomFighterEx wrote:
you know what? i grab all tech that i need and trade with resource, after the deal done i just cancel it and declare war.

I'd call that an exploit...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 8:04:00 PM
FreedomFighterEx wrote:
you know what? i grab all tech that i need and trade with resource, after the deal done i just cancel it and declare war.

That's why tech trading should be allowed only between allies.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 3, 2013, 4:16:47 PM
Ail, i think tech trade is silly, i like Science Boost in Civ 5 more, you and AI agree to research together that make both science produce increase 50%.

I agree, something like this would be much better than just trading tech. This would also encourage peace time more so.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 3, 2013, 2:37:26 PM
tech trait is a way to make one weak opponent become more powerful, and let it hang in there not swollowed by the strongest opponent. but it is not always working.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 3:32:56 PM
Ail, i think tech trade is silly, i like Science Boost in Civ 5 more, you and AI agree to research together that make both science produce increase 50%.

i still don't understand how each race understand other race technology when they give it to you, maybe it come with manual XD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 7:26:43 PM
In the diplomaty screen there is an option to trade reseached technologies. When they feel friendly towards me, and even when we are allies, I expect a fair trade. But when I offer a technology for approx. 6800 RP, and want a similar tech for 6800, the balance point shows still that they are not satisfied.

Even when I add say 4 techs at 3000 RP, I offer totally 14800 for their 6800, they won't agree.

In fact, I was almost never able to trade technology yet. This really sucks.

Any advice? smiley: confused
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 1:13:05 PM
I think the deals are better than other games, at least they are willing to give up systems to trade peace.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 12:47:51 PM
I think the issue here is the fact that it`s hard to balance that stuff. If you trade technologies with every AI player, they will get one technology deal each while you get one for every AI player. If you kept doing that you would pull ahead fast without really doing a whole lot. Therefore I think the bad technology deals are mainly in place to prevent exploiting of the system. That said I find a lot of the AIs diplomatic decisions to be really questionable. Especially their deals when they are losing a war are silly. You`re not gonna stop a war you`re winning for a single resource or a system that you would get the next turn anyway.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 1:10:43 PM
It's hard to make AI that smart, if it's really really smart then you won't win the game -_-

still it's like AI do lot of silly thing just to annoy you or piss you off, they won't lose anything bcz they don't have anything to lose.

also if AI are really really that smart, he would rage quit when you lock down his system LOL
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 4:51:19 AM
Anrjo wrote:
One would think this should be the case but I've found it is often not. Here is me with the computer fully locked down, I've got more systems not on screen, I'm #1 in everything, blah blah blah.

Ok so the computer wants to get out my lockdown and should propose peace. And it does which I duly refuse and then this happens:

As well as other variations on that type of theme wanting dust, tech, whatever. And this has happened in other games as well where the computer is clearly losing and yet thinks that somehow reverse psychology is the way to go.

Overall I just think the trade AI needs a bit more polish. And it does not make a huge impact on the current state of gameplay so I find it more funny than annoying. But it is something to work on.

I agree with this. This happens in most 4X games, even civilization, I don't understand what the ai devs, or the ai themselves are thinking of demanding you give them resources because they're losing. Help us, help you? Doesn't really apply I'd say :P
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 3:27:18 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Trading is more about a players actual power then what is actually fair.

Gunboat diplomacy works best, so having a larger military will give you better deals.

One would think this should be the case but I've found it is often not. Here is me with the computer fully locked down, I've got more systems not on screen, I'm #1 in everything, blah blah blah.

Ok so the computer wants to get out my lockdown and should propose peace. And it does which I duly refuse and then this happens:

As well as other variations on that type of theme wanting dust, tech, whatever. And this has happened in other games as well where the computer is clearly losing and yet thinks that somehow reverse psychology is the way to go.

Overall I just think the trade AI needs a bit more polish. And it does not make a huge impact on the current state of gameplay so I find it more funny than annoying. But it is something to work on.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 27, 2013, 8:01:01 PM
good relations help, but tech for tech trades, the AI rarely gives you anything close to a good deal. Best bet it trading a resource and a tech. You can always cancel the resource trade later.

Shop the same (or similar) high techs to each AI you can to fill your lesser techs you skipped. That way, for 1 or two techs, you can get several in the end.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 7:43:58 PM
Trading is more about a players actual power then what is actually fair.

Gunboat diplomacy works best, so having a larger military will give you better deals.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message