Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Endless Space Q&A (Ask away here)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 1, 2012, 2:40:31 PM
So how does this work?

This thread works like a as Q&A and the devs can just edit the answers into the first mainpost when they answer new ones or any moderator may do the same. The posts are deleted after the answer has been added. This way the devs knows which questions have yet to be answered. As the FAQ builds up categories will be added to simplify finding the Questions and Answers.

Searching through the FAQ thread before posting a question is strongly encouraged smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 2, 2012, 12:38:00 PM
Oh come on, I am trying to keep a secret FOR ONCE. smiley: biggrin

And, I am sure not knowing exactly when the game is going to be available adds to the excitement. =)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 2, 2012, 6:38:13 PM
A question interesting for all the Steam Achievement hunters out there:

Will this game has (Steam) Achievements?

The Shop page on Steam doesn't say anything about this (in the Game Details), but when seeing even on this forum Achievements for doing things I strongly guess they will be ingame.

( ATM only not knowing about this prevents me from pre-ordering this game. smiley: stickouttongue )
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 2, 2012, 10:57:01 PM
Will ES include planetary bombardment followed by planetary invasions, with some representation of ground combat?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 8:39:11 PM
This game seems great. I consider buying it to aid the development.

But I do use purely Linux Operation Systems, are there any Plans for an Linux Version?

Or some wine optimisation?

I tried the search function but could not find an answer to my Question, if this is the wrong Thread, please do delete this Post.

Thanks

Johannes
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 4:42:47 AM
Do you plan on adding the ability to rename heroes, and individual planets? This would make LP's a lot of fun.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 10:59:54 PM
When will we be able to download the Mac alpha? And will you provide minimum and recommended specs in "mac language"? My Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Core Duo is likely to be at the low end of "minimum" spec - would you be willing to refund people who purchase but then find when the game ships it is too slow to play effectively?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 12:57:15 PM
Is this game limited to 2gig of RAM?

It seems to only use that much and I'm wondering if that's why ending my turn takes so long later in game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 6:07:05 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
Is this game limited to 2gig of RAM?

It seems to only use that much and I'm wondering if that's why ending my turn takes so long later in game.

When I experience long turns, its because of a HUGE AI fleet. This will eventually cause a heaps crash. (at least for me)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 10:27:00 PM
A random event just happened that ham-stringed my entire fleet by halving their movement. Needless to say, this was surprising, annoying and rather unfun. How long until it goes away? If it doesn't go away, how do I work around it? Because I'm 200 turns in and pretty dedicated to a military victory, and 6 tiles a turn isn't going to cut it.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 2:55:18 PM
It's probably already been asked, but I didn't see it: Is there going to be Multiplayer LAN games for those of us with Flaky internet connections?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 12:40:45 AM
Tried to find some sort of "Diplomacy FAQ", but didn't see one.

Question: What are the necessary conditions in order to trade a planet with another Faction? I do already have "Relativistic Markets" (giving me "Alien Security" which says it should allow this), and I'm trying to trade with a friendly Faction with whom I have a Peace Treaty: they were crippled in their start by being overwhelmed by Pirates and they lost a planet to them, and while I can capture the planet back for them, I don't seem to be able to give it back to them.

It is pretty rare to be able to find a situation where I can have a peaceful interaction with a Faction and even, perhaps, Trade, and this would help me explore that in this game start...any info? Searching on 'trading planets' or 'trading star systems' didn't seem to help me find prior posts on this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 3:26:29 PM
Question 1: How do I find out what my fleet costs in supply and/or dust maintenance, how is it calculated
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 4:44:59 PM
I'm sure when I get a bit more time I will find the answer was in front of me the whole time, but I am not sure how to link my emperial edition benefits to my profile. There isn't a link to the game's forums in the game, and I didn't see it on the store age; though this would not relay which version I owned anyways... Is this done by linking my steam profile which reviels that I own the emperor edition, or are you planning on placing a link in the game menu, or... is it on the game details page within the steam library and Im just not observant?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 5:00:29 PM
Death_Nova wrote:
I'm sure when I get a bit more time I will find the answer was in front of me the whole time, but I am not sure how to link my emperial edition benefits to my profile. There isn't a link to the game's forums in the game, and I didn't see it on the store age; though this would not relay which version I owned anyways... Is this done by linking my steam profile which reviels that I own the emperor edition, or are you planning on placing a link in the game menu, or... is it on the game details page within the steam library and Im just not observant?

I'm wondering the same thing. I just purchased the Emperor Special Edition. I've played a few hours so far but need to play more to give worthy feedback. I'm wondering how I get the rewards for purchasing this addition, i.e. name in the credits, G2G points, etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 10:35:32 PM
migizi wrote:
I'm wondering the same thing. I just purchased the Emperor Special Edition. I've played a few hours so far but need to play more to give worthy feedback. I'm wondering how I get the rewards for purchasing this addition, i.e. name in the credits, G2G points, etc.

For the G2G points at least, you copy the "cd key" found on the right side of the steam page and paste it into the "redeem G2G code" box.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message