Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

ES1 crashes at startup on old Mac

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Aug 14, 2020, 6:23:06 AM

Hi, it's been years since I've run ES1 and I had long since deleted it from my Steam library. Tonight I wanted to give it a spin, so I reinstalled it. It crashed at startup. I turned off the Steam overlay and tried again. It played two opening videos (Amplitude and Iceberg Interactive), loaded an Endless Space splash screen, then crashed. 

The OS is High Sierra (10.13.6). I see the following in the system.log:

Aug 13 23:20:32 PROSPERO Endless Space[1534]: objc[1534]: Class VCWeakObjectHolder is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AVConference.framework/Frameworks/ViceroyTrace.framework/Versions/A/ViceroyTrace (0xa89dd120) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AVConference.framework/Versions/A/AVConference (0xa89f843c). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Aug 13 23:20:54 PROSPERO com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (unity.AMPLITUDE Studios.Endless Space.174608[1534]): Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9 sent by Endless Space[1534]

Any ideas what I should try next?

Thanks in advance!

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 3, 2020, 5:57:51 PM

Im having the exact same issue on the exact same macOS (10.13.6). Crashes at the same time as you. I finally upgraded my Macbook pro with new SSD, RAM, and battery and wanted to test it out on ES1 but .. nope. 

Did you ever find a fix?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 2, 2021, 1:55:01 AM

In doing some looking myself, it seems like sega hasn't updated it since MacOS 10.12 and that is why we're all having problems. Bummer since I didn't install Catalina specifically so I could play old games...  Oh well. I'll switch back to pc at some point.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message