Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

A way to disable Anti-Aliasing out of game?

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Jun 8, 2016, 8:26:21 PM
My PC can't run it unless I can shut it off and the steam launch option to do it isn't doing the trick. Keeps crashing the second I launch it. Can't turn AA off on my video card settings either. Tried changing the graphics in the registry but that didn't seem to work. I have a pretty decent rig but a salty AMD video card that will literally stutter off and on again if AA is in effect. I'm helpful for whatever advice and will try to answer questions about my rig, but ultimately it's not important because there's no fix and I'm all up to date on everything.

I can't wait to get my hands on Endless Space, looking forward to getting this issue solved.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 14, 2016, 3:00:25 PM
Are you saying you cannot launch the game at all? The bottom 3 graphic settings have no anti-aliasing, so if you're able to get to the main menu, you could disable it from there.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 15, 2016, 9:09:08 AM
Hi, it's nice to hear from someone. I can't access the game at all to change the options. It crashes before the introductory logo finishes. However, I can edit the registry, I'm just not sure what the exact wording is for the graphical settings other than fantastic because that's what it's set to. But as I have said, aside from a salty video card in this one aspect, my rig is quite good and I'd like to be able to turn the settings up. I'd be just as happy to get the game running at all, so what would also be helpful to me is what the names of the graphical settings are that don't have Anti-aliasing running.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 15, 2016, 10:17:22 AM
The settings are the following:

Fastest

Fast

Simple

Good

Beautiful and Fantastic both have anti-aliasing.

Hope this helps! :)
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 15, 2016, 10:55:44 AM
Thanks, I'll try editing the register again when I'm in front of my PC, I'll let you know how it goes but in the mean time, is there no way to specifically disable the AA? This would also help me with like, several other games that don't have that option available in their config files.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 16, 2016, 9:25:49 AM
Well, it crashed at the menu this time. So I'm not sure what the issue is. Funnily enough, I'm having this issue with some other 4x space strats atm.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 16, 2016, 9:37:13 AM
Well, it crashed at the menu this time. So I'm not sure what the issue is. Funnily enough, I'm having this issue with some other 4x space strats atm.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 16, 2016, 11:18:48 AM
Ok so I went to regedit to change the unity graphics quality to 1 instead of 5. And then I start the game, it gets me through the logos to the loading screen, but right around then it seems to automatically set the value to 5, it's like the game is automatically putting itself on the fantastic quality despite me changing it through both the registry which remains unchanged in my documents and as I have mentioned, went to see what I could do in regedit, sometimes that works for me. So I think it still is an issue with AA that is determined to make my game unplayable. I'm really grateful for any advice. Still dying to play Endless Legend.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 16, 2016, 12:11:21 PM
Another thing that troubles me is that on Steam, every time I launch the game it performs first time set ups.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 16, 2016, 11:31:56 PM
This might be the time to do some diagnostics on your hardware. Run memory checks and hard drive checks. If you're sure that everything is fine there, then upgrade your video card. It doesn't have to be a super high end card, just something decent. And if I may, stop using AMD cards. Their driver support generally sucks and pretty much most games launch with AMD-related issues of some sort that have to get sorted out after.

There's a reason I use nVidia exclusively. I don't like unnecessary hassles. I'm willing to pay a bit extra to avoid them if it comes to that.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 17, 2016, 10:09:47 AM
Unfortunately I'm a little too poor right now to get a better video card, though that won't be the case soon enough. A friend of mine was talking to me about video cards when I was first building my rig, he's just a big gamer rather than someone that follows gaming rigs professionally and he did warn me about the issues with AMD. However my actual tech guy couldn't praise them enough. But I definitely feel pretty screwed out of my money and they're support for an issue like this is rather crappy, tech support was corresponding with me regarding the issue for a while but then gave up and said that the devs would get in touch with me. This never happened and I just didn't want to get back in touch.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 17, 2016, 12:19:50 PM
Well I hope you get that new card soon. To be sure it is an odd issue. I have never heard of a card that crashed when AA was enabled.

I'm not going to second guess your tech guy, but I can count on one hand the number of games that I have bought that had nVidia issues right out of the gate. And I'd quickly run out of hands/feet/and everything else counting the number of games that I know of which had AMD issues long after launch. There seems to almost always be a thread from people wanting to know when the AMD fix is coming.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 17, 2016, 1:21:31 PM
I'm afraid we're running out of options for Endless Space. Have you tried the same steps (XML fiddling) with Endless Legend? The file is located there:

C:\Users[username]\Documents\Endless Legend\Users[bunchofnumbers]\Registry.xml

The graphics option names are the same as in Endless Space, so shouldn't be a problem. Let us know if that helps.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 17, 2016, 8:10:22 PM
Yeah I have Endless Legend working. Pretty fun too, but I really wanted to design my own space ships and stuff :/
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message