Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Unused XML Properties

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jan 20, 2014, 10:27:47 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been considering to do some modding, and while poking around in the xml files to get a sense of what could be done, I ran into some properties that left me wondering if they are at all implemented in the game, and what they do. So I'm left to wonder if anybody has any idea about the following.

SystemActionPointsPerTurn, found in EmpireDescriptor. Value=1. Would this be the number of simultaneous actions a system can perform simultaneously? If so, would the full industry be applied to all those constructions?

ExpansionLoss. found in EmpireDescriptor, but it's commented out. Was this ever implemented, and if so, does anybody have any idea what it was supposed to do?

AttackPoint. Found in ShipDescriptor. Base value=1. Would this be the number of attack commands a fleet can execute in a given turn?

Cloaking. Found in ShipDescriptor. I find no other reference to this anywhere. Was this ever implemented, and if so, what would it possibly do?

FlightRange. Found in Ship Descriptor. Base value is 33. I honestly have no idea what that might be.

On that note, what would the difference between Industry and Production be, and what is the SixteenthOfProduction value used for?

Does anybody have any idea if the accumulated food towards population growth is stored as an accessible value as well?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 20, 2014, 11:07:22 PM
Hello,

SystemActionPointsPerTurn should refer to bombarding a sytem and land invasion.

ExpansionLoss isn't used anymore, it's a property which has been used to test an expansion disapproval system which didn't make it to a released version.

AttackPoint is indeed how many attack a fleet can execute within the same turn.

Cloaking shouldn't work unfortunately.

FlightRange, I don't know what it refers to. I'll check tomorrow.

Industry is the FIDS value while Production is the final value which is applied at the end of the turn to the construction queue. It's especially useful for the sowers which convert industry into food, and still add it to its production.

SixteenthOfProduction is used to check if Amoeba AI should use Ind to Dust / Sci or its improvement boosting trade routes gains.

Unfortunately, you cannot access to the accumulated food towards population growth from the simulation (aka the xmls).

Cheers,
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 21, 2014, 12:27:43 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Shame about the cloaking not being implemented, but knowing the difference between Industry and Production will definitely help avoid unnecessary bugs while modding, and the two fleet properties open up a few possibilities.

P.S. Thanks for adding the AddImprovementsOnHomeSystem command in the Vaulter update. That opens a whole range of faction modding ideas.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 12, 2014, 12:16:50 PM
Isn't FlightRange a measure of the distance a ship can travel each turn?

Probable before fleet bonuses are added.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 12, 2014, 9:10:36 PM
I'm afraid it's not. The name does seem to imply some connection to movement on the galaxy map, but a value of 33 seems far too high for actual movement values, which are already covered by the Movement, MaxMovement, Speed, and FreeSpeed properties. While I have my suspicions on how those work, I still need to confirm them. I did attempt to modify the property and observe the changes, but even lowering it from 33 down to 1 did not affect anything I noticed in the brief test.

On a different note, I have found that both the Barrier and Dust Barrier cards use a value called Armor. Now I am wondering what would happen if a ship received an addition to this value from a permanent source, such as the actual Armor modules, or an Empire Improvement. Would this, perhaps, result in a layer of HP that regenerates every combat phase or after every combat?

I'll have to do some testing on that, if nobody else knows an answer.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 13, 2014, 9:00:44 AM
Then it probably is an unimplemented value, I know that some games like GalCiv 1 & 2 where ships couldn't move outside of a certain range outside of their territory. Could probably something that would have implemented that to make the game more difficult.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 14, 2014, 9:17:57 AM
You may be right with your suspicion on what that value was meant to achieve, and that it ended up not being implemented. I'll experiment a little more to see if it really has no effect, though I suspect it does not.

It's a shame to find so many promising values only to discover they have never been implemented.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message