Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Tailored Cheating/God Mode

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 30, 2012, 11:29:36 PM
I am one of those people who loves being able to cheat a bit in games - give myself unfair advantages over the AI, etc. However, I've been having some trouble doing just that with Endless Space. The Endless Space Sandbox mod is a good mod that essentially does what I want, except it does it a little too well. Being a novice with anything related to computers, I lack both the know-how and the patience for modding. However, if someone was willing to make a mod that allowed you to alter certain characteristics of a custom race, I would forever be in your debt.

The idea is instead of instantly giving you a massive advantage over the AI to the point where you literally can win the game within a few turns, to instead be able to bolster yourself onto higher ground, while still having to fight off the AI. Instead of instantly maxing out everything to the max, as the Sandbox does, it would be interesting to see a mod that would allow you to adjust certain aspects.

The essential idea I have is when picking perks, or traits for a race, there are certain traits that are considered negative (subtract from your trait points), but are actually helpful. For example, instead of clicking a trait that instantly provides 100% happiness through the empire, along with fifty different perks, have solely a trait that improves happiness, and in levels. Level one provides 10% happiness bonus, level two provides 20%, and so forth.

A rough list of the traits is below:

Hunger Reduction - Reduces hunger by 10% per level for each system.

Approval Improvement - Increase approval by 10% per level for each system.

Invulnerable Hull - Increases all ship's default hull strength by 10% for each level.

Speed Demon - increases all ship's default speed by 10% for each level.

Those are only four examples of what I'm thinking. There are a million more that I could happily provide. The hope for my idea is to be able to create a more tailored "god mode" for individuals. Instead of just becoming an instant deity, you're able to customize exactly how much of an advantage you gain. That way maybe you can play on a higher difficulty so the AIs are more challenging to deal with, but you can ensure that your own empire is more stable, so instead of having to fight dissent and hunger, focus more on combat and expansion.

As I stated, I lack the know-how and patience for this, so I hope someone out there finds this to be an interesting enough concept to attempt. I don't know how easy it would be to do, or how possible, but I'd happily lend a hand in coming up with traits and names, and whatever else might be needed.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 31, 2012, 9:57:20 PM
Well something to keep in mind is even adding a few levels to each category of faction trait is an enormous amount of effort.

That being said I am working on a scaling trait mod that will have a cheat version with lowered point costs so you can pick and choose freely.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 31, 2012, 11:29:59 PM
TBH, you wouldn't even really need to come up with new traits...

...i've got a Sheredyn faction mod with a 600pt pool for trait selection. Now I can select as many of the traits available as I like. To be honest, i've found that by the time you've select around half of them, you're already getting overpowered as hell.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 2, 2013, 11:57:06 PM
Darksider wrote:
TBH, you wouldn't even really need to come up with new traits...

...i've got a Sheredyn faction mod with a 600pt pool for trait selection. Now I can select as many of the traits available as I like. To be honest, i've found that by the time you've select around half of them, you're already getting overpowered as hell.
There are certain traits however, that are not included in the game, that might be potentially beneficial or enjoyable to have. An example being the happiness or approval of your empire. While you have the "Optimistic" trait, it is still very limited. The idea is more to be able to add a new dynamic to the game, and expand on it, as well as provide that ability to "cheat" a bit.

@Crymson I'll keep an eye out for it.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 3, 2013, 5:20:16 PM
What I'm working on is really 3 mods, the first is a smaller mod that just adds a number of completely new traits which I am trying my best to make balanced.

The second mod is also intended to be balanced but includes enhancements to the current custom faction traits available, specifically on the positive side as making negative traits and keeping them balanced is actually harder.

The third will be specifically released for those persons that want a greater degree of freedom in their choices and is by any definition a cheat mod, it will give an improved granularity to the traits with higher level versions of the current traits but I think it should satisfy the desire for something that is not "over the top".

BTW so you know I have seen no way to reduce hunger, but simply improving the amount of food you produce satisfies the issue.

~Crymson~
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 5:22:05 PM
RollinRollin13 wrote:

Hunger Reduction - Reduces hunger by 10% per level for each system.

Approval Improvement - Increase approval by 10% per level for each system.

Invulnerable Hull - Increases all ship's default hull strength by 10% for each level.

Speed Demon - increases all ship's default speed by 10% for each level.

Like a Sandbox - Light Version, eh? smiley: biggrin

I can do that. Just tell me what you want and you'll get the result in a few days.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message