Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

MOD: Disable Warp / Free Move No Longer Working (1.1.58)

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Nov 20, 2015, 3:51:00 AM
Game: ES Disharmony 1.1.58, running with DLC disabled

I tried using the mod from here:

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16262-request-remove-the-warp-drive-technology

however I noticed around turn 167 a Horatio ship traveling through empty space. When I inspected the save file, they have the tech listed (eg: MovementFreeMove2, MovementFreeMove3) under the following sections:

Simulation/Descriptors

Department of Science / Elements

It seems there is something else that needs to be disabled however I've not been able to find it. I searched the "Public/Simulation" folder for references to these techs. but I can't seem to find any additional lines that need to be disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edit:

Ok, so I found references to these in EmpireImprovement.xml however I don't see anything that can be disabled in these sections (eg: no "value="). Also, they seem to reference the same tech. that has already been disabled.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 23, 2015, 3:16:17 PM
I would suggest contacting the original author of the mod for any support with it.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 27, 2015, 3:31:28 AM
Frogsquadron wrote:
I would suggest contacting the original author of the mod for any support with it.

Thanks, however I think I may have figured it out. There appear to be some tech. that provide engine upgrades which are not disabled by the mod and allow free movement, for example:

TechA18: Unlockable Name="ModuleSupportEngine3" Access="Standard"

When you look up ModuleSupportEngine3 in SupportModuleDescriptor.xml, it gives a boost to a property called FreeSpeed which is the same property modified by MovementFreeMove1 and other tech. currently disabled in the original mod.

I haven't had a chance to test my theory though.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message