Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

RELEASE: A Galaxy of Endless Diversity

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2013, 12:23:29 PM
A Galaxy of Endless Diversity

v1.5.0

A Galaxy of Endless Diversity (AGED) adds new content to Endless Space, with the aim of diversifying the options available to the player. AGED adds eight (8) new planet types to Endless Space, each with at least one unique planetary or star system improvement associated with that planet. Along with these new planets, of course, come several new technologies unlocking the ability to colonize and/or terraform these new worlds. AGED also adds several new anomalies, technologies, and planetary/star system improvements not directly linked to these new planets, while also adding some custom flare and further colorization to some of the game's text and faction color schemes.

A Galaxy of Endless Diversity is visually styled to fit seamlessly within Endless Space's existing graphical style. Each planet type has been carefully crafted as not to appear out of place in the Endless Space universe, just as the various User Interface (UI) components have been designed to fit within the Endless Space UI without seeming as though they do not belong. Painstaking detail, much of it contributed by others in the modding community, has been given to completing the flavor text and descriptions associated with the new additions of the mod, creating, I hope, a completely immersive experience that makes the player forget he or she has even activated a mod to begin with!

Thank you for downloading A Galaxy of Endless Diversity, and I hope you enjoy it!

Visit A Galaxy of Endless Diversity's development thread here for more information on the mod.

DOWNLOAD v1.5.0

Screenshots:

0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2013, 12:35:34 PM
Screenshots Continued:

Known Issues:

• New planet type textures display faint "edges" where the cubic texture surfaces meet. This is a known graphical bug with all modded planet types in any mod, and will require a bug fix from AMPLITUDE to resolve.

• Only English localization exists at this time. Interested in translating? Contact me!

Change Log:

• 1.2.0:

• Compatibility with Disharmony v1.1.49
    • Possible compatibility with the Vaulters faction (Unable to test)
    • Various balancing improvements
    • All previous improvements from unreleased version 1.1.0

• 1.1.0 (Unreleased):

• Compatibility with Disharmony v1.1.42
    • New unique planets Urula and XTR-17
    • New unique wonders for Urula and XTR-17
    • New unique planet texture for Auriga
    • Various balancing improvements
    • Other improvements

• 1.0.4:

• Compatibility with Disharmony v1.1.27
  • 1.0.3:

• Sustainable Farms can no longer be built in systems with Storm Planets, as it didn't give them a bonus.
    • Added "missing tech" description for AGED Endless Mini-Wonders.
    • Military Outpost upkeep increased from 6 to 12.
    • Zero-Point Energy Lab bonus increased from +20% smiley: industrysmiley: dustsmiley: science to +33% smiley: industrysmiley: dustsmiley: science.
    • Zero-Point Energy Lab build cost increased from 9000 to 12000.
    • Plasma Planet stats increased from +25 smiley: industrysmiley: dustsmiley: science to +33 smiley: industrysmiley: dustsmiley: science.
    • Work-Around implemented for improvements and anomalies that incorrectly displayed bonuses as +x% smiley: fids per smiley: stickouttongueopulation: on planet, when the bonuses were actually +x% smiley: fids on planet.
    • Geo-Industrial Plants' bonus to carbon planets increased from +1 smiley: industry to +2 smiley: industry.
    • 3D Replication Plants' bonus to carbon planets increased from +2 smiley: industry to +3 smiley: industry.
  • 1.0.2:

• Cloning faction trait now affects several AGED planets.
    • Added generic anomaly reduction tooltips to AGED anomalies.
    • Removed industry bonus from Junkyard anomaly reduction; it now only eliminates negative effects.
    • Xenotourism Agencies now correctly displays its bonuses to AGED planets.
    • Removed Plasma, Radiocative, and Carbon planets from Xenotourism Agencies bonuses; who's going to visit those worlds for fun anyway?
    • Food Distribution Centers can no longer be built in systems with Storm planets, as it didn't give them a bonus.
    • Food Distribution Centers can now be built in systems with Carbon planets, as it actually gave them a bonus.
    • AGED anomalies that have a population penalty now only effect the planet the anomaly is on, rather than every planet in the system.
  • 1.0.1:

• Typographical fixes
    • Removed ugly %title_yaddayadda% titles for international players by adding French, German, Italian, Polish, and Russian localization files; however, all content is still in English only.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 2:23:28 PM
Hi LogicSequence,

currently I'm testing your mod a bit and enjoying it, you did a great job.

I've only started to test it, but I have found one minor problem:

I can see edges on the planets surface, you can see it here:

Did you change the image of the oceanic planets to create the storm planets?

I'm asking, because the issue doesn't appear, while watching them.

As soon as the new free addon is available, I'll check your mod more carefully.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 2:44:27 PM
This is a known bug with ANY modded planets. Unfortunately it's a texture problem i cannot resolve, it's an issue with how the game is importing modded planets. All mods with modded planets have these lines. smiley: frown

I beleive the dev's are aware of it, but i had to fight for a few months just to get modded planets to rotate correctly so i wasn't going to push my luck asking for more. smiley: wink

I've updated the known issues list with an entry for this bug.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 2:47:50 PM
looks like a minor flaw in some great artwork ^^ lol (this line Deleted. You ninja you. smiley: stickouttongue)

btw, logic, I like this mod more than I thought I would. Are the textures and icons completely yours? Or do some of the textures, etc. borrow from existing ES assets? either way it still looks great.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 2:54:47 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
btw, logic, I like this mod more than I thought I would. Are the textures and icons completely yours? Or do some of the textures, etc. borrow from existing ES assets? either way it still looks great.

They are all based on the design elements of the existing icons in ES so they borrow heavily from the default icon sets' style (and sometimes directly mimic existing elements), as to keep them looking as if they belong; however, they were all created independently.

The planet textures are (with the exception of the storm texture and continent placement of the paradise planet), however, completely unique.

Also, glad you are enjoying it!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 4:29:36 PM
How wonderful to finally see this mod out, and how wonderful to see that it's every bit as good as I expected. Thank you so very much, LogicSequence, and well done indeed!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 4:47:22 PM
LogicSequence wrote:
This is a known bug with ANY modded planets. Unfortunately it's a texture problem i cannot resolve, it's an issue with how the game is importing modded planets. All mods with modded planets have these lines. smiley: frown

I beleive the dev's are aware of it, but i had to fight for a few months just to get modded planets to rotate correctly so i wasn't going to push my luck asking for more. smiley: wink

I've updated the known issues list with an entry for this bug.

Don't get me wrong, I really like your mod and watched your thread very carefully and also knew of your rotation problem.

Normally I'm not the biggest fan of mods, because I think a really good game doesn't need them. Too often it seems, that developers/publishers release their alpha (at a price of 50 €) naming it "release version" and having the community debug and mod it into playable state.

Of course in the case of ES, these problems seem to originate from another galaxy, but still, from my point of view you filled a gap in the game.

Hopefully at least some parts of your mod will make it in the game, like the coloured anomalies mod did.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 5:41:00 PM
Lord_Yu wrote:

Hopefully at least some parts of your mod will make it in the game,

Hey, we all knew from the beginning who was to blame for the new planet type coming in the add-on smiley: stickouttongue

Not to touch on a touchy subject, though, I think that what happened with the Colored anomalies mod making it into the game, nearly in its entirety, is kind of unlikely to happen again. /2 cents
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 9:20:50 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Hey, we all knew from the beginning who was to blame for the new planet type coming in the add-on smiley: stickouttongue

Oh I had not heard this, what's the new planet type? smiley: redface

Eyrok wrote:
How wonderful to finally see this mod out, and how wonderful to see that it's every bit as good as I expected. Thank you so very much, LogicSequence, and well done indeed!

Lord_Yu wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I really like your mod and watched your thread very carefully and also knew of your rotation problem.

Hopefully at least some parts of your mod will make it in the game, like the coloured anomalies mod did.

Glad you both enjoy it!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 10:19:23 PM
LogicSequence wrote:
Unfortunately yes, as I don't know any other languages. Would you like to translate???

sure - I'll look into it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 10:57:00 PM
LogicSequence wrote:
Oh I had not heard this, what's the new planet type? smiley: redface

Well, Amp doesn't just tell us these things lol After all, they have to tease us first smiley: cool
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 11:18:04 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Well, Amp doesn't just tell us these things lol After all, they have to tease us first smiley: cool

Hmm i read the dev blog, are we sure this is a new planet type, and not a new single (yet unique) planet, perhaps the one where the character the expansion is named after is found upon?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 11:40:55 PM
I am enjoying it as well, now to figure out how to get it to work with alternative galaxy gen.... lol
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message