Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Galaxy Generator - Repository on Assembla

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 24, 2012, 12:25:10 PM
Hi,

Ravine posted on "Galaxy Generator Explained" that we set up a repository for the galaxy generator. In this post , he explains what he modified.

Basically you're " encouraged to grab the source, put it on your own repository, and modify it like you did in the early days of modding. But now that we have a public repository for this, we'll provide directly every changes to the community."

The Assembla workspace

https://www.assembla.com/code/amplitude-galaxygenerator/subversion/nodes

The Source

https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/amplitude-galaxygenerator/
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 9, 2012, 3:36:10 PM
I perform a fresh checkout from the repository and build the solution in Visual c# 2010 express.

Next I create a mod as shown here : /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16353-tutorials-for-modding-es. Tested working.

Then I replace the GalaxyGeneratorPlugin.dll in the /Plugins/GalaxyGenerator directory with the Amplitude.GalaxyGenerator.dll in the Release folder of the downloaded source files. I replace it by renaming the Amplitude.GalaxyGenerator.dll to GalaxyGeneratorPlugin.dll.

I start the game and switch to my created mod.

When I start a single player game it crashes with the following error:

[code]NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Game.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in :0

at Game.Dispose () [0x00000] in :0

at GameManager.ReleaseGame (.GameSaveDescriptor gameSaveDescriptor) [0x00000] in :0

at ApplicationState_CreateGame.Run () [0x00000] in :0

at FiniteStateMachine.Update () [0x00000] in :0

at Application.Update () [0x00000] in :0

(Filename: Line: -1)[/code]

Which is the same error I had a while ago, before you published on an SVN repository (My post)

So is this one of my own errors or something else?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 1:21:26 PM
Has galaxy generation changed in disharmony? We are seeing wildly different galaxy balancing in the expansion so far. If so the files in the repository have not been updated since august of last year.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message