Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

New Mod Release: Better AI Empires

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Sep 14, 2021, 9:16:11 PM

Version 1.0
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2602129157

Short Summary:

This mod makes a few minor changes to allow the AI to make better decisions and be harder.  Its doesn't technically change the AI.  It just tricks it into making better decisions.

The game is so deep with so many options that the AI handles very well.  But some things it needs a bit of help on.  So I made a few tweaks.

It does not give the AI any Cheat Buffs. It just makes it use existing game elements better for a deadlier enemy. They WILL invade and take your planets and build viable fleets.

This is NOT an Overhaul mod, so if you want an overhaul, this isnt for it. It is a Vanilla Plus Experience. There are a very few, simple, changes.

The only change that I set out to make - forcing the Sophons (and others) to build industry buildings - I was still unable to fix directly.  I would still love help finding the fix.

If you are already destroying the AI on Endless difficultly, this isnt going to make them beat you all of a sudden. But it WILL make them harder and more deadly.

There should be no bugs, but I have been wrong before. Please let me know if you find any.

The Long Version:

Tier 0 buildings (e.g. Drone Networks) now have the Tier 1 Industry Stats because most AI will not build the Tier 1 Industry buildings in a timely manner, or at all. As a result, all AI empires have better industry, because they will actually build the Tier 1 industry buildings - kinda.  :)

All Engines now have Siege Damage attached to them (lesser versions of Titanium Slugs) so the AI will now invade and take planets in a timely manner.

Strategic Element Costs for ships and upgraded slots is removed, so the AI has a better fleets and economy. This does make the Element market less profitable, but improves the AI Empires drastically.

All shield modules now give lesser tier armor and all armor mods now give lesser tier shield. So the AI will get at least some benefit when it stack all shield mods with armor repair support mods.

A few Omni and Dual Slots on protectors and coordinators were changed to single choice (defense only) because the Horatio, Vaulter, Nakalim and some others would build end game coordinators with a single defense mod and they would die to a single salvo. Now they can build proper tanks.

Hissho have gotten the only direct buff. They are played terribly by the AI. So their ships now have a reduced construction cost like the cravers. They are still played terribly by the AI but are an early game threat now.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message