logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

3D models of ships for printing

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Jan 6, 2019, 6:21:21 PM

Hi everyone!

I had posted this in the Steam forums (link) but was recommended to post it here.

I was wondering, is it possible to obtain the 3D models of the ships of ES2? And if so, how/where? We've recently got a 3D printer at home, and I'd absolutely love to try and print some of these gorgeous ships to have them on my desk. I know these models are usually animated, so obtaining a printable model will probably more challenging than with other games, but I'm up for the challenge. The main problem is finding and extracting these models into a format I can work with...

Thank you very much for your help!

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 27, 2019, 9:55:53 AM

you can get collada file of ship,

to do this, launch your game, go to MODS and click game asset export button, after a while you will see all asset of the game and can chose to export them.

The file you export will be place in Documents\Endless Space 2\Temporary Files .

Hope it help you.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 2, 2019, 5:26:49 PM
phanemy wrote:

you can get collada file of ship,

to do this, launch your game, go to MODS and click game asset export button, after a while you will see all asset of the game and can chose to export them.

The file you export will be place in Documents\Endless Space 2\Temporary Files .

Hope it help you.

I will never thank you enough! It helped a lot!

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 8, 2020, 2:08:36 AM

I actually have a similar question, but it may be a little harder to resolve. 

Having enabled modding tools in Endless Legend, I can hit enter and get the command " /UnitBodyInspector". That lets me extract all the *unit* models, but if I was looking to extract something like a volcano tile, or a city tile, or a ruin, or something like that, it's not an option. 

I was wondering if there's a command that lets you extract the terrain, anomaly, or city/ruin tiles through the console commands.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 21, 2020, 9:58:22 PM

I managed to get the files with textures and meshes to download but I'm having trouble converting the .DAE files to .STL. Anyone else had this problem or is there a way to print with .DAE files directly?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 26, 2020, 12:03:00 PM

HBUnleaded: i can't answer you for this :/
Candlestickz: Dowload the software blender, you can import .dae and the export the model in .stl

0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 27, 2020, 9:48:36 AM

I don't think we have any option to export anything other than the units in Endless Legend.

For those trying to 3D print ES2: Using blender does indeed work, but to my dismay I found that many of the models are not suitable for 3D printing without modifying them.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message