Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Moderators selecting answers to questions in Help section

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Apr 24, 2020, 1:48:13 PM

I just went through the whole help section of ES2 and answered what ever I could. While going through the questions I noticed that a good portion of the "unresolved" questions had already been resolved. Sometimes it's impossible to know if the given answer worked for the person asking, but numerous times the question was clearly objectivly answered, the person asking just didn't select the answer. Is it possible for moderators to close out those questions to make the help section a bit more usable?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 24, 2020, 2:16:41 PM

That's a good idea. Maybe after some time if the author didn't choose the moderator could.. or the most upvoted answer?

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 25, 2020, 9:44:29 AM
There is also a problem where it doesn't make me automatically follow help questions I've replied to, nor is there a way to search recently answered questions. This has left me in the situation where I asked a bunch of people if they can post error reports so I can help them, but I have to go back and manually check every thread again and follow the relevant ones to find if they actually do post the error report.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 27, 2020, 7:52:40 AM
Eulogos wrote:
There is also a problem where it doesn't make me automatically follow help questions I've replied to

That's not a problem, this is intended. We want to avoid spamming with notifications so that's what the "Follow" feature is for :)

Eulogos wrote:
nor is there a way to search recently answered questions

We could add a filter by "last replied", would it be ok for you?

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 27, 2020, 5:40:49 PM

You don't have to go through the trouble if it's a problem, but adding a last replied sort would help keep track of posts with new developments such as an error log being posted. I should have just been following each post I asked for an error log in, but I didn't realize my mistake until I was done.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
May 15, 2020, 5:13:34 PM

Thank you! I'll be sure to use it to see if anyone comes back with follow up information on old questions.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message