Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

System requirements

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Sep 30, 2019, 3:42:13 PM

A question which is most likely only answerable by a def.

What are the sys reguirements, or what dou you (community) think. I mean from the screenshots I can tell that the game looks very nice. Unfortunately, I am using a MacBook Pro Late 2015 without a GPU. So only the Intel IRIS Chipset is used. I can play CiV 6 on medium settings with a few performance issues at the end of a match.

So I am very concerned that I can not run this game on my Mac. I am not a gamer, at least not on PC, so I was only looking at eGPU's as an alternative, which are quite expensive atm.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 1, 2019, 12:29:52 AM

While not a dev I can tell you that it's too early to figure that out, usually unless they have a specific build in mind like a console the hardware requirements are nailed near the end of development, benchmarking and optimization wait for the scope of the game and mechanics they want to implement are decided.

That being said to give you a very rough goalpost look at Endless Space 2's requirements, more likely than not this game's requirements will be at least the same though even more likely they will be higher.

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 1, 2019, 10:32:58 AM

The only minimum requirement we're sure of at the moment is "we need something that runs Dx11." As Arkalis mentions, we won't know much more until much later in the development process, as we generally build the game first, and then polish and improve performance until we no longer can. When we have more info, we'll let you know!

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 14, 2019, 2:26:19 AM

I am also a Mac user and am looking forward to any future Mac releases of Humankind.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Nov 1, 2019, 7:15:45 PM

Well, it is already clear that fans of antiquity, namely Winfows XP, have nothing to catch :) 

And the engine remained the same? Very well was optimized...

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 13, 2020, 6:51:29 PM

They have released system requirements for Open Dev, effectively a beta of the game. These are subject to change if they better optimize the game which would reduce requirements or add new features which could increase them.

Processor: > 3Ghz, i3 5th generation / i5 3rd generation / FX4170
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD RX580 / Nvidia GTX 960

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 21, 2020, 10:08:53 AM
Eulogos wrote:

Processor: > 3Ghz, i3 5th generation / i5 3rd generation / FX4170

Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD RX580 / Nvidia GTX 960

My understanding of computer systems is scetchy, but this doesn't sound like it's going to be too taxing for even mid-range machines.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 26, 2020, 2:32:03 AM

It'd be more wise to port to something like the switch, Mac steam gamers make up less than 2% of the overall steam userbase.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 26, 2020, 6:27:44 PM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

It'd be more wise to port to something like the switch, Mac steam gamers make up less than 2% of the overall steam userbase.

Well, Civilization is smart enough to deliver Mac version before porting to exotic devices.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 26, 2020, 8:58:01 PM

There's a larger gaming userbase on the the exotic devices than on Mac according to the steam database

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 26, 2020, 9:31:30 PM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

There's a larger gaming userbase on the the exotic devices than on Mac according to the steam database

There are even more mobile gamer than all PC+Mac combined, so what?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 30, 2020, 1:33:21 PM

"we need something that runs Dx11." sounds good to me!

I hope I can run Humankind on Linux via Steamplay Ptoton DXVK one day, just like all the Endless titles.

Although I prefer Linux, I have to admit, with limited resources It absolutely makes sense to develop and test on a single platform, before trying to support all the hardware or even different platforms (if  so planned).

#Vulkan API

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 31, 2020, 9:25:35 AM

Quick question, regarding game's specs (known ones at least).

I'm planning to invest in a new laptop in order to enjoy Humankind properly, but I'd rather avoid investing too much (>1000€, though I might have to go higher, taking into account the OpenDev's specs revealed).

Do you guys think that kind of specs would be enough to play the game smoothly ?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 31, 2020, 8:57:25 PM

That laptop is simply not a good deal. The SSD is small, the RAM is not enough, and the clock speed on the processor is pitiful. I don't recommend spending more than 1000€ on a laptop, but surely you can find a better deal on another brand.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 31, 2020, 10:25:57 PM
Eulogos wrote:

That laptop is simply not a good deal. The SSD is small, the RAM is not enough, and the clock speed on the processor is pitiful. I don't recommend spending more than 1000€ on a laptop, but surely you can find a better deal on another brand.

Thanks Eulogos, I've been reading about it indeed. The graphic card isn't a good deal as well. I'm looking into MSI, will try to find something in my price range.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Aug 1, 2020, 12:14:19 AM
Nevertheless wrote:

"we need something that runs Dx11." sounds good to me!

I hope I can run Humankind on Linux via Steamplay Ptoton DXVK one day, just like all the Endless titles.

Although I prefer Linux, I have to admit, with limited resources It absolutely makes sense to develop and test on a single platform, before trying to support all the hardware or even different platforms (if  so planned).

#Vulkan API

I totally agree. Even if I was more or less forced to get Windows 10 as here banks don't allow neither Linux nor Windows 7 and basically all is done digitally here now (again forced) and banks don't handle cash anymore here and many shops, busses, trains etc have stopped taking cash as well. So ned to be able to constanly log into my bank accounts via internet. I still prefer any game devs to go for maximum DX11 or even better Vulkan API and not DX12 as that forces yet more people onto Windows 10 and into the hands of only one company, namely Microsoft. Monopoly is never a good thing for the customers.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message