Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Will encyclopedia be included in the game?

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Jul 3, 2020, 11:47:51 AM

Hi guys,

I wonder if Humankind has in-game encyclopedia. I recently started playing Endless legend and i'm having hard time learning game systems. For example when I want to attack Minor village, I want figure out which type of enemy I should deal with but until I actually attack I cannot see these things. I had similar problems when I played Endless space too. I know I can find these informations on the internet such as endless legend wiki, but still it would be much convenient if the game supports encyclopedia itself.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 3, 2020, 12:32:44 PM

Hi !

I'm pleased to say that yeah, an encyclopedia is in the work. We won't be able to show it to you during the open-devs sadly to avoid spoil (plus it's not still a work in progress ^^).

The encyclopedia will contain pages about the game systems (kinda like an online game manual) and page more specifics about unit stats, factions etc. The specific pages will contain data taken directly from the game itself so we'll just have to press a button to update it if we patch things.

I do hope we'll be able to show you more of it soon but again, spoilers !

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 3, 2020, 12:55:01 PM

Cool! That sounds a lot like the Book of Wonders in AOW3. And I appreciated that alot, when I first got into playing AOW3.

While figuring out a game blindly  can be fun at times, I like having something that answers my question if I take a game a little more serious.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 3, 2020, 10:14:25 PM

It would be nice if the encyclopedia also contains historic information about the cultures, units, techonology etc like the way Age of Mythology do it.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 3, 2020, 10:18:22 PM

I hope that the encyclopedia also has lore on the history of buildings and units in real life like Civ 4 did. I kind of regret not reading more of that. I understand that the devs have their hands quite full with more important features but this would be a great way to learn about history.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 6, 2020, 10:12:53 AM

As far as I know, we do intend to present the historical context in the encyclopedia as well, but I'm not sure how extensive those entries will be.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 7, 2020, 2:12:42 PM

I loved the concept of the old encyclopedia of Civilization:Call to Power, for every unit, building and even trade good or terrain tile it had 2 entries: one with an overview of the historical data, and other about how it works in the gameplay.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 9, 2020, 8:40:14 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

As far as I know, we do intend to present the historical context in the encyclopedia as well, but I'm not sure how extensive those entries will be.

It's a good idea, but it would be great to have it implemented as a drop-down menu (or otherwise) so as not to distract those who need the information only for the game.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message