logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

How to Earn Twitch Drops

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Dec 15, 2020, 6:13:31 PM

Hey all,

We know you're all quite excited to get your hands on the Twitch Drops, be that for the Streamer Avatars or for the Victor OpenDev key.

This is the first time we are trying out twitch drops, so don't worry if you can't get all the Avatars this time: There will be other opportunities to unlock them, and they will stick around for the final game.

However, before you can get the drops, you need to make sure your Twitch and Games2Gether accounts are linked by following these steps:

1. Make sure you have a Twitch account
  2. Login to your Games2Gether Account (or create one if you need to)
  3. Go to your "Profile" page, and from there to your "Account Settings"
  4. On this page, you can see a button to Link your Twitch account.
  5. After you click this button, you will be prompted to log into twitch and confirm the link
  6. You should be set now. Go and enjoy some HUMANKIND™ streams!
  7. Once you have reached the timer, Twitch will show you a notification that you have unlocked a drop. Click on this notification to go to view the details and claim the drop.

To get the special Streamer Avatars, you will have to watch their own stream for 30 minutes.

To get Victor OpenDev Access, you will need to watch 3 hours of Humankind across any of the participating streamers below:

Streamers with Avatars:

(30 minutes for the Avatar)

English:

German

French

Russian

Brazilian Portuguese

Spanish

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 16, 2020, 1:46:36 PM

Two questions:

1. Can we get a definite schedule of when the streamers with avatars are going to be streaming Humankind?  A lot of them are playing other games (or nothing at all) which makes it hard to collect avatars.

2. Are these avatars only going to be available for use in the Lucy OpenDev, or will they also transfer to the final version of Humankind?

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 16, 2020, 3:31:25 PM
SpikedWallMan wrote:

Two questions:

1. Can we get a definite schedule of when the streamers with avatars are going to be streaming Humankind?  A lot of them are playing other games (or nothing at all) which makes it hard to collect avatars.

2. Are these avatars only going to be available for use in the Lucy OpenDev, or will they also transfer to the final version of Humankind?

Unfortunately, we don't have definite schedules for them to share, but keep an eye on our twitter. We'll be announcing opportunities to unlock the Avatars there.

And the avatars will transfer to the release version, and there will be other opportunities to unlock them as well.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 16, 2020, 9:11:20 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:
SpikedWallMan wrote:

Two questions:

Unfortunately, we don't have definite schedules for them to share, but keep an eye on our twitter. We'll be announcing opportunities to unlock the Avatars there.

And the avatars will transfer to the release version, and there will be other opportunities to unlock them as well.

A request that You also post info visible here in the forums, if possible, when we can get the drops. For those of us that do not use social media like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook etc. Not a demand, as it is 100% our own choice if we dont use Twitter and definetly not Your fault (or anyone elses), so it's only a humble request. :P

I have manged to get Lewis, @quill18 and @BurkeBlack's avatars unlocked so far and well above 3+ hrs Humankind stream time from Twitch (my son got quill18 and burkeblack +3hrs and lucy unlocked). Still hoping the get the last avatars as well. I would so like to beat especially The Spiffing Brit's avatar in-game without any exploits, he he he !!! :)

Maybe there should be a way to unlock The Spiffing Brit's avatar in-game by doing som exploit. *evil grin* 

Oh and poor streamer @Venalis (not sure if that's the same guy in these forums as the streamer) / https://www.twitch.tv/venalis who didn't get his own Avatar. We had to hug him in BurkeBlack's chat last night as he was so sad. Poor little thing. lol

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 16, 2020, 10:27:11 PM

We dont have to have them in the final game right? I can't be the only one who doesnt want streamers showing up in their game. I'd rather make my own characters.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 8:12:24 AM

Hello,

Should the drop be instant ? Should it work with mobile devices ?
I've been watching BurkeBlack with my linked twitch account for more than an hour now.

He just changed from humankind to another game and still nothing. (I looked in all rewards browsers including "badges")

Could you help me ?

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 9:38:09 AM

I have watched the stream on the youtube of

• GamerZakh
  • potatomcwhiskey
Can I still able to qualify for the drop? 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 9:56:14 AM
Dumaresq wrote:

Hello,

I've been watching BurkeBlack with my linked twitch account for more than an hour now.

He just changed from humankind to another game and still nothing. (I looked in all rewards browsers including "badges")

Could you help me ?

Hi.

It seems that you have the Open Dev Participant badge. You should be able to redeem the open dev in the reward section (if not, try a force refresh with ctrl + F5 on the reward page).

EDIT: after further investigation it seems you already have the Lucy Open Dev on your steam account. Is the problem fixed? Otherwise just restart steam so it refresh your library.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 11:07:47 AM

Can you get the drops while watching VODs? Looking forward to getting some of my fav streamers but with life getting in the way, it's hard to catch streams live.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 11:22:31 AM
Sobert wrote:
Dumaresq wrote:

Hello,

Could you help me ?

Hi.

It seems that you have the Open Dev Participant badge. You should be able to redeem the open dev in the reward section (if not, try a force refresh with ctrl + F5 on the reward page).

EDIT: after further investigation it seems you already have the Lucy Open Dev on your steam account. Is the problem fixed? Otherwise just restart steam so it refresh your library.

Hello, Yes I got the Open Dev (I bought the game), but I didn't get the Persona of the streamer.

Sorry, I was not clear enough.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 12:19:41 PM

Hello. 

I am a user who has pre-purchased to play HUMANKIND game in Korea. 

I participated in Lucy OpenDev, and I want to receive all 6 avatar rewards.

But I have already missed about 3 broadcasts, and it is difficult to see other broadcasts due to the time difference. 

I really want to get an avatar reward, but is there a good alternative? 

There are many regrets about the missing avatars. :-( 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 2:21:20 PM
FrozenForge wrote:
Can you get the drops while watching VODs?

No, VODs will unfortunately not work.

Dumaresq wrote:
Hello, Yes I got the Open Dev (I bought the game), but I didn't get the Persona of the streamer.

You may need to claim the reward on twitch first to unlock it.

Pytype wrote:

Don't worry. As mentioned in the original post, we are only just starting to test Twitch Drops. There will likely be other opportunities to earn them, even after release. This is not a "one time only" event. If I know about the schedule of a participating streamer in advance, I will respond with the date and time to this thread.

As a matter of fact, I can already you about two streams:

• Lomadiah on the 27th of December, at 13:00CET (4:00PST, 7:00EST, 21:00 KST) to get her avatar after half an hour UPDATE: Lomadiah has rescheduled her stream. It will in fact happen today, 18th of December, 12:00 CET (3:00 PST, 6:00 EST)
  • And exclusively, only today the 17th of December at 18:00 CET (9:00 PST, 12:00 EST, 02:00 KST on the 18th) you can watch our own Amplitude Stream for one hour to earn all of the Avatars!
Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 2:51:33 PM

Thanks in advance for hosting a stream today which will let me get all the avatars! I don't often use Twitch enough to get most drops, so this is my perfect opportunity!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 4:40:33 PM
FrozenForge wrote:

Dumaresq wrote:

Pytype wrote:

Don't worry. As mentioned in the original post, we are only just starting to test Twitch Drops. There will likely be other opportunities to earn them, even after release. This is not a "one time only" event. If I know about the schedule of a participating streamer in advance, I will respond with the date and time to this thread.

• Lomadiah on the 27th of December, at 13:00CET (4:00PST, 7:00EST, 21:00 KST) to get her avatar after half an hour
  • And exclusively, only today the 17th of December at 18:00 CET (9:00 PST, 12:00 EST, 02:00 KST on the 18th) you can watch our own Amplitude Stream for one hour to earn all of the Avatars!

Woah, that awesome news. I just informed my son about it and we are ready and waiting on Twitch on our PC's. Thank You so much for the info in here !!! <3 <3 <3

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 5:38:26 PM

Dumaresq wrote:

Oh yeah, it works, thanks !

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 7:33:55 PM
FrozenForge wrote:

Can you get the drops while watching VODs? Looking forward to getting some of my fav streamers but with life getting in the way, it's hard to catch streams live.

I watched part of the Quill18 VOD on my TV (cast to shield) and that did not count. 

But you can get all 6 avatars by just watching the Amplitude Studios twitch stream for 60 minutes, which is far easier than catching all 6 streamers live, so just 3 hours amplitude and you get everything.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 8:03:27 PM

It is too bad you can not get the twitch drops from VOD's. Those on a different schedule from typical or favorite streamers can not unlock them.  Is there anything that can be done?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 8:20:28 PM

When you claim the Humankind - Lucy Open Dev Reward reward on Twitch is it supposed to show up in your Rewards on G2G? I claimed the reward a day or two ago and I don't see it there, but I might be missing something.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 8:31:49 PM
FrozenForge wrote:

Dumaresq wrote:

Pytype wrote:

• Lomadiah on the 27th of December, at 13:00CET (4:00PST, 7:00EST, 21:00 KST) to get her avatar after half an hour

So I made sure to grab the claims from the Amplitude stream today but it only seams to have unlocked Lewis (which tbf is one of the ones I had missed along with Quill). I don't know if there's some method I can use to force refresh them.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message