Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

just prepurchased, how do i download it as steam isn't giving me the option to do so?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 22, 2021, 6:57:41 PM

as above, just prepurchsed assuming i'd be able to download the early access but i can't. what do i have to do to play the game? ele

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 22, 2021, 7:03:58 PM

okay, forgive my impatience, didn't read the steam page. went to rewards adn signed in to victor development access and all good. avsm

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 22, 2021, 8:18:25 PM

So how do you play the Victor OpenDev to give us your feedback? There are a few ways to get your hands on it: 

• If you have played the Lucy OpenDev 
    1. Go to your rewards page on Games2Gether and resync your Steam-link with the button at the top 
    2. The Victor OpenDev will appear in your library ready to be installed and launched 
    3. If it does not, go to the Steam Store page of the Victor OpenDev and click the Play button to start the installation
  • If you have pre-purchased Humankind on Steam 
    1. Log in to your Games2Gether Account 
    2. Go to your profile page and link your Steam account 
    3. Go to your Rewards page and claim the OpenDev reward at the top of the page 
    4. The Victor OpenDev will appear in your library ready to be installed and launched 
    5. If it does not, go to the Steam Store page of the Victor OpenDev and click the Play button to start the installation 
  • If you have pre-purchased Humankind on Epic Games Store 
    1. The Victor OpenDev should be ready to be installed and launched from your EGS library 
  • If you have not pre-purchased Humankind on either store and have not played the Lucy OpenDev 
    1. Log in to your Games2Gether Account 
    2. Go to your profile page 
    3. Go to your Account Settings 
    4. Link your Twitch account; you will be prompted to log in to Twitch to confirm your identity 
    5. Watch a total of 3 hours of Humankind on participating channels (watch time does not need to be consecutive) 
    6. Claim the Twitch Drop 
    7. Go to your Rewards page and claim the OpenDev reward at the top of the page 
    8. The Victor OpenDev will appear in your Steam library ready to be installed and launched 
    9. If it does not, go to the Steam Store page of the Victor OpenDev and click the Play button to start the installation 
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 19, 2021, 7:43:30 PM

I also prepurchased it on steam. But it isnt giving me the game here in rewards so i can download it. What do i do now?

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 19, 2021, 8:08:30 PM
DampfkomaGM wrote:

I also prepurchased it on steam. But it isnt giving me the game here in rewards so i can download it. What do i do now?

The Victor Open dev has been finished for two weeks now, meaning that no one can play the victor opendev anymore.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 11, 2021, 9:17:54 PM

I too have just prepurchased the game, I thought there was an early access. So there is no way to play the game before the 17th of august?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 11, 2021, 9:47:01 PM
vLabz wrote:

I too have just prepurchased the game, I thought there was an early access. So there is no way to play the game before the 17th of august?

As far as we know right now there is no way unless You're a VIP tester or a staff member.

However I always recommend people to keep their eyes peeled and follow this site and the forums for any news (always a good advice I'd say if interested in the game), as one never knows what will happen until it's official. :)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 12, 2021, 5:07:36 AM

I understand, I see in the victor opendev feedback that amplitude is busy to fine tune things.

I really wanted to "sponsor" this game. I don't regret and will follow your advice :)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 13, 2021, 3:35:32 AM

@vLabz Since the "cat is now out of the box" so to speak. It is now officially announced that there will be another test (could not say more before due to nda). It's not called "OpenDev" this time but "Closed Beta", so You can look in this thread for more info now, link: https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/168-general/threads/40635-pc-game-show-announced-new-beta-10-min-video-interview-with-jeff-spock-link-included

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message